The English open at hodnet

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Hi all, are many off here going to hodnet for the English open this week ?

I'm shooting it on the Saturday and hoping it stays dry. 

Big entry I'm told, but hodnet are used to it.

anyone brave enough to predict the winner ?

That's a shame james, I would have liked to have met you. 

You mostly say what I'm thinking

safe trip down, and shoot well.

are you trying for the Scottish sporting team this year ? 

Im going for the welsh team again,  1st man in last year, but fear I'll struggle this time, first qualifier this year (had a mare) got the 2nd one the day after hodnet

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes he is very capable, don't know him well, but a mate of mine shoots regularly with him, a registered shoot I was at recently he straighted, in my opinion it wasn't there, my mate who was with him said it was amazing to watch him fill it in.

im going for mark winser

Shooting Sunday morning 

And if I don't win it ?

My money would be on fauldsy shooting smoother than silk

when I've seen him shoot recently 

but never rule out the big man 

Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday, 08.00 till 17.30, hopefully the weather will be dry and shooters happy and when the ref says lost, there isn't a tantrum thrown! 

Shooting Sunday morning 

And if I don't win it ?

My money would be on fauldsy shooting smoother than silk

when I've seen him shoot recently 

but never rule out the big man 
I don't expect you'll be far away Pete, would love to see you do it, Good luck,

Hoping for sniff at A class myself, before making the jump to AA at the cut off, (by the skin of my teeth) I might add

That's a shame james, I would have liked to have met you. 

You mostly say what I'm thinking

safe trip down, and shoot well.

are you trying for the Scottish sporting team this year ? 

Im going for the welsh team again,  1st man in last year, but fear I'll struggle this time, first qualifier this year (had a mare) got the 2nd one the day after hodnet
Thanks Ashley, yes going for the team, work is interfering with clay shooting just now, milked cows at 5am, 170 miles to Bywell for a selection shoot, rushed round for a poor 80, back home to milk the cows again, stopped at McDonald's for breakfast st 3pm, home 4.30, cows in 4.45, milking done 7pm...selection shoot tomorrow at Auchterhouse (Dundee) hopefully I can get a night off and go for last entry at 3pm so I can get some work done before I go!!!

look forward to meeting you some time!!!

Very difficult to predict a winner, it's a bit like the Grand National at Aintree, lots of solid favourites, but often an outsider shows up well.

On form I would think Richard Faulds could be a safe bet , but I have to agree Chris Daniels has the knowledge and ability.

How about John Lee,Brett Winstanley, Richard Bunning, ?

Ben Husthwaite could spring a surprise .

Here's my wild card , local Welshman Richard Hughes !

One thing is assured , an absolutely brilliant shoot with breathtaking targets, very clever presentations and many of you will rue the easy ones you missed.

Who ever wins , they will be on the top of their game on the day.

Good luck everyone .

I totally agree with everything you said above salopian,  especially the bit about Rich Hughes, I know him well, couldn't wish to meet a nicer bloke, he certainly has the game to win it, if he brings it on the day

Very difficult to predict a winner, it's a bit like the Grand National at Aintree, lots of solid favourites, but often an outsider shows up well.

On form I would think Richard Faulds could be a safe bet , but I have to agree Chris Daniels has the knowledge and ability.

How about John Lee,Brett Winstanley, Richard Bunning, ?

Ben Husthwaite could spring a surprise .

Here's my wild card , local Welshman Richard Hughes !

One thing is assured , an absolutely brilliant shoot with breathtaking targets, very clever presentations and many of you will rue the easy ones you missed.

Who ever wins , they will be on the top of their game on the day.

Good luck everyone .
You couldn't have picked a better analogy!!!

There are about 40 guys entered who the winner will come from...hard to pick a winner, so I'll take an each way bet on Ben Husthwaite as he's been doing a bit of competing this year, he's go some form, he likes the ground and the targets they throw!!!

Can I also have an ew on George, Richard and John Lee....

3·30 for me coming up with some mates to shoot then over to fauxdegla for welsh N/SKEET QUALS on Sat and Sun,great way to spend weekend  

3 days shooting 2 nights out with mates happy days 

Good luck to all shooting 

Digweed and Wilkinson leading after day 1 with both shooting 109/120.

C class being lead on 86/120. 

I'm now getting nervous for tomorrow! 

Back