should i shouldn't i english open

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okey doke, I will bring me duffle bag then packed with red bull and plenty cigars :smile:

if I can stay away from the bottom two pages I will be happy ..... ish :smile:
I'd be happy with that.  Last time I shot there I was rubbish.

flamin Eck Sian just looked at your scores you don't half do some reg shooting ? how do you find the time ??

pretty high I would think your a dark horse ?

flamin Eck Sian just looked at your scores you don't half do some reg shooting ? how do you find the time ??
2 every Sunday, I don't think I've missed a Sunday in my whole shooting time - sometimes 3 if it can be done.  Sometimes the odd midweek one and Saturdays anything from 3 hrs to 7 hrs practise on lots of disciplines - I should be better but my nature is volatile and I'm my own worst enemy.  Tony is currently working on my composure and "keeping it together" ability.  ?  

2 every Sunday, I don't think I've missed a Sunday in my whole shooting time - sometimes 3 if it can be done.  Sometimes the odd midweek one and Saturdays anything from 3 hrs to 7 hrs practise on lots of disciplines - I should be better but my nature is volatile and I'm my own worst enemy.  Tony is currently working on my composure and "keeping it together" ability.  ?  
Quality is better than quantity you could learn more with less targets ! volume teaches you nothing  :kiss:  

Quality is better than quantity you could learn more with less targets ! volume teaches you nothing  :kiss:  
the thing is I really enjoy it, it's my addiction.  I like going to my club on Saturday.  I understand there is a limit to what you can achieve volume wise although being able to shoot up to 1000 a week has helped me progress no doubt about that.  I look forward to my next Sunday shoots as soon as they are done.  

I have to say Dave has a valid point I shoot better the less reg I do however if you enjoy it that much then its difficult to stop. Dave and I have had many many years of it and were probably exactly the same at one point. You get on and enjoy it.

I think the difference Ips is that you "compete" to win or be far up the board and I don't really.  I compete against me and my inner demon.  Somehow I lost your words and mine went in their place!

Last edited by a moderator:
and that is why I want to shoot a different discipline with no pressure on me to perform. Just enjoy pulling trigger. After all shooting is sposed to be fun, ain't it ??

Its human nature to want to win or improve how can you say after all the money that you have spent that you just enjoy pulling the trigger  why shoot reg comp that's beyond me is there something i am missing here  :unsure:

that was not posted @ ips

It's certainly my nature to want to improve.  If I win it's mostly  great, only today I was reliving my December score at Gunsite and you know what that was a true achievement in so many ways, my best achievement to date although I have achieved that score elsewhere.  I do enjoy pulling the trigger and I'm fortunate to be able to do it a lot.  Registered comps - usually better shoots generally but I do Open ones as well.  I am doing lots of championships, I've done England selection shoots in both ESP and Fitasc and compak.   i just like trying.  This will blow your mind, I've won several ladies high gun and not collected the winnings because I have not been satisfied with my score.

seriously again I'm Ips.

if your happy that's all that matters but you have to be careful that you don't become fixated with the score and or the win otherwise shooting becomes a chore and the fun goes, you can get to a point were you are not shooting as such you are competing in order to get a buzz from the result, this is fine if you can sustain the results if not it can become quite frustrating. How do I know you say, ...... Well this is partly the reason for me jumping the fence, I want to enjoy shooting again.

if your happy that's all that matters but you have to be careful that you don't become fixated with the score and or the win otherwise shooting becomes a chore and the fun goes, you can get to a point were you are not shooting as such you are competing in order to get a buzz from the result, this is fine if you can sustain the results if not it can become quite frustrating. How do I know you say, ...... Well this is partly the reason for me jumping the fence, I want to enjoy shooting again.
I have one fantasy Ips and that is if I ever got on a podium for a serious competition I would use it to give a speech about guns, chokes, cartridges, barrel lengths and the snobbery surrounding coaches, instructors and qualifications.    :D

that would be a very fine speech indeed ?

There is the old saying, if it's only for fun "why do we keep a score " 

it is possible just to have fun. I suppose I'm very lucky growing up in the sticks and going pigeon shooting long before I ever shot a clays, but I now shoot clays with them same lads I grew up with, we meet up, have breakfast , have the crack all the way round, go for a beer and occasionally we discuss who shot what, and none of us ever beat ourselves up when you have one of those days when couldn't hit your own arse with both hands 

I've also been fortunate to have shot at international level, when you do have to take it seriously for the Benift  of the team, so you can go and have fun just pulling the trigger, the magic ingredient for me is to have like minded people who know how to take themselves not to seriously  and are not first through the pub door and last to the bar 

Doggy up man !

I entered the SCC and came last i think...

do i care .... Nope :)

go along and enjoy the company and the shooting

:santa:

Latest posts

Back