gun cabinet

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
true but.....

1) gimme 71/2 mins with a suitable sledge hammer and I'll fetch ANY block or brick wall down...or at least make a ruddy great hole in it

2) you gotta have room to swing a sledge hammer..  :spiteful:

and...we are talking of stopping bill the burglar here ...not acme demolition inc.

Lets face it...if the bad lads are going to go to THAT extreme...they would bring a battery powered angle grinder and simply unzip your cabinet..quicker...easier and probably less noisy overall....

remember that phrase......as far as reasonably practicable...

and....if you had bolted your cabinet to the floor.....give me a few mins with sledge and crow bar  and it will be out......expanding concrete anchors have their own weaknesses and vulnerabilities...chemical anchors are somewhat better  BUT only if fitted with great care.....

besides....it WAS fun  :mole:

I had resin (chemical?) anchors to fit mine... the walls kept cruumbling as I drilled holes for rawlbolts... my mate came round and squirted stuff in the holes, which set - and now the bolts for my cabinet will be left in place after a nuclear strike. 

FAO seemed happy enough when he pulled on my cabinet and nowt moved. 

Matt

I used chemical bolts as well - the FAO didn't even touch the cabinet - just looked from a couple of meters away.

I've been calling them resin bolts - but CHEMICAL BOLTS sounds much better.... I shall call them that in the future.  

(this is from a man who owns more computers than screwdrivers)

I've been calling them resin bolts - but CHEMICAL BOLTS sounds much better.... I shall call them that in the future.

(this is from a man who owns more computers than screwdrivers)
Chemical anchors is the technical term, cheaper ones are a polyester resin, better ones are epoxy resin. All good gear and more than capable of holding a cabinet up.

Latest posts

Back