Gun Cabinet Installation

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john1234

Hello

In preparation for applying for my licence i have bought a 3 gun brattonsound cabinet and i am searching around for somewhere to install it. There is a built in wardrobe in the spare room which is 2ft wide, the rear wall of the wardrobe is a solid brick wall and the left hand side is a timber/plasterboard wall, however the wall at the right hand side of the cupboard is the chimney from the woodburner. If i was to bolt the back of the cabinet to the brick wall at the back of the wardrobe and have it stood with the side of the cabinet up against the stud wall at the left hand side to keep it as far from the chimney as possible, would this be ok? or is it going to be too close to the chimney having it located in this wardrobe?

I hope my ramblings make sense?

Cheers

John

Hello

In preparation for applying for my licence i have bought a 3 gun brattonsound cabinet and i am searching around for somewhere to install it. There is a built in wardrobe in the spare room which is 2ft wide, the rear wall of the wardrobe is a solid brick wall and the left hand side is a timber/plasterboard wall, however the wall at the right hand side of the cupboard is the chimney from the woodburner. If i was to bolt the back of the cabinet to the brick wall at the back of the wardrobe and have it stood with the side of the cabinet up against the stud wall at the left hand side to keep it as far from the chimney as possible, would this be ok? or is it going to be too close to the chimney having it located in this wardrobe?

I hope my ramblings make sense?

Cheers

John
Hi John,

What you discribe above would be good, just make sure you use Rawlbolts or chemical fixing bolts in all of the bolt holes on the rear of the cabinet and it will be good. You could also screw the cabinet down onto the floor boards for a bit extra.

You appear worried about the chimney, does the wardrobe get very hot then with the wood burner on?

Andy

The actual wall of the chimney gets warm to the touch when the woodburner is going in winter and it does warm up the cupboard a bit - its not like an airing cupboard though. Will this be a problem at all - i don't intend keeping the cartridges in there, they will be locked away seperately somewhere else.

cheers

John

John,

Don't think that will be a problem. If it was to get very warm in the cupboard you could always change the doors to a lourved type to allow a bit of airflow.

Andy

Back