Recent Purchase Picture Thread!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting...........how's it feel compared to the old one and are you gaining more kills at sporting?

Will be interested to hear how you get on with that because I have been toying with the idea for my f3. 

Interesting...........how's it feel compared to the old one and are you gaining more kills at sporting?
I used it for the first time earlier today at Southdown, shot 83 which is my joint-highest sporting score so I will take that as a positive.

Early days yet but it feels so much more comfortable than a normal grip, it's almost like holding a pistol and the fact that your hand is in exactly the same position can only be of benefit.  The gun definitely feels more a part of you.

UK Gun Repairs were fantastic to.

That's good to hear as you may have previously read that this is a route that I am toying with myself, albeit just walnut.

You parked in front of me today so I should have said hello and had a look at the new toy!

It also confirms that a glove grip is fine for sporting targets.

Good luck and hope to see you soon.

That's good to hear as you may have previously read that this is a route that I am toying with myself, albeit just walnut.

You parked in front of me today so I should have said hello and had a look at the new toy!

It also confirms that a glove grip is fine for sporting targets.

Good luck and hope to see you soon.
You are more than welcome to have a good look at it, just stop me next time, I do most of the shoots at Southdown.

That double-rise looked interesting to say the least when I walked past on my way to the fourth sport rap layout.

We shot at 11.30 and they were having a problem with the overhead target on the first layout which they fixed quite quickly, but I wonder if they were chucking clays that they had picked up from the ground?  The rest of it was fine though.

Cheers............

Double Rise...........Definitely harder than it looks. 

Shame about the no birds as I love Southdown. 300 targets available today, would've been more if the pool shoot was open but was told that they were a ref short.

image.jpeg This is my recent purchase :)  MK38 Sporter Metal work with Browning Trap wood straight from the Miroku Factory last weekend :)   starting work on the wood now :D  

I just went to my local gun dealer and told him that I wanted a mk38 sporter with Browning trap wood so then I could get the palm swell , adjustable comb, and adjustable trigger :)  
ok,i bought a secondhand mk38 earlier in the year which came with an adjustable stock (from new) and has a palm swell...funnily enough i just bought an adjustable trigger for it so apart from the wood dimensions i guess i am there.....my wood isn't so nice though ;)

Picked a 4x4 one of these up on Friday specifically so I could get up the track at Southdown.  My Peugeot 107 wasn't up to it.

650x400_panda_4x4-footer3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked a 4x4 one of these up on Friday specifically so I could get up the track at Southdown.  My Peugeot 107 wasn't up to it.

View attachment 5389
Ditto on the Southdown track, also thinking of Polowood and Northall and Horn ( both Gatton and North farm) and Westfield.

322.jpg

The old bus just wouldn't hack it so I bought this home today. 

Keen to try Horley just so I can drive up that track of theirs and I'm disappointed that the snow promised for the southeast appears to have given up the ghost!

It is a boat compared to the now 'summer' car but I saw 35mpg at 70mph on the M25 this afternoon!

I do sometimes wonder how my wife has put up with me for 30 years!

Mine's supposed to do nearly 60mpg, but the engine is less than half the size of yours.  Have to put the back seat down to get the gun in if I leave it in the slip.  Even with all that it's still much more appropriate for some of the grotty tracks and parking areas that seem common at clay shoots than my last car was.

OK - I've been a bit slow on this.  This is an old, 1982, MX1 that I recently obtained.  Been subjected to some unfortunate negligence by someone and is in need of a decent re-blue but is mechanically perfect (the good news)  It has a 72cm barrel with the high MX1 rib and 1/2 and full choke top first firing.  Some time ago I scored a MX2L barrel that has the same rib but is 75cm and 3/4 and full choke - and not enough heavier to notice - and fits the gun fine too.  The stock is not the original, that being a tad low for me.  The one in the pic is a stock I try all the crazy ideas on and actually is pretty nice to shoot if you don't look at it hahaha

gripcap 001.JPG

Latest posts

Back