English Sporting 42p & up

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are £25 for 80 over 10 stands including 10% for no birds. ABT  and  DTL practice  £8 for 25. A bargain  i think! 😁

Churchill’s do 35p a clay after 5pm on a Thursday evening in the summer, I live and work close by so can get there quickly and get a solid 150 clays in at a reasonable price. Am a regular at OGC. I shot at Edge Hill on the way back from seeing my elderly Mum over Xmas. 36p a clay and great facilities inc good, freshly cooked food and a well stocked cartridge shop. Some of the small local shoots such as Lane End are £30 for 100 birds. 

Admit have not been out and about much at all these last few months, having recently picked up my old MK38 after having a bit of stock work and so very keen to try it out called into Coleys, oh the place is undergoing a major development, a big leap of faith by its owners. Having shot quite a few stands, and no, no no-birds Id add went to pay, now I did mention Id not been out for a while, the ground is now 42p per practice clay ( the winter series registered targets advertised at £40/100 = 40p ), so is there anywhere, a regular shooting ground that is, higher than 42p? and is there, in this current uncertain climate a race to be the first to 50p!
I suspect they will further up their price once the new shop/restaurant has been completed to pay for it…..thing is, if they sorted out the traps (no birds), changed the layout a bit more regularly (some stands have stayed the same for years!) and reduced their price, they would probably get more customers. 

I very much doubt that will happen though….

Last edited by a moderator:
Coley's is expensive - used to shoot there regularly with a mate who lives near Weston Super Mare - I'm in Warwick so roughly equidistant so a good place to meet.   We had few visits in the spring and summer of 2022.  The demise of the cafe area replaced by retail goods meant nowhere to sit and have a coffee and a chat coupled with endless no-birds and stands not working resulted in avoiding the place altogether.  We switched to Barbury, which is an additional 30 minute drive for me however the effort is rewarded by an exceptional ground, a fabulous selection of targets and hospitality to match.   Was there on 16th Dec 2022 and 100 targets were £41 for a non-member,   Barby Sporting near Rugby is £32/100 for members and Kibworth SG is £29/100 for members.  
The closure of the cafe area was as early as 2020, the first covid shutdown saw its demise, given shootings score customer base was not alone in finding such a decision baffling / shortsighted.

I suspect they will further up their price once the new shop/restaurant has been completed to pay for it…..thing is, if they sorted out the traps (no birds), changed the layout a bit more regularly (some stands have stayed the same for years!) and reduced their price, they would probably get more customers. 

I very much doubt that will happen though….
Oh indeed a massive investment happening, whether it will turn the places fortunes is a big gamble. The new groundsman is both young and keen so am sure he will freshen things up, sadly and much like yourself fear the cost, and not only here will only increase.

Last edited by a moderator:
At our Garlands ground we charge 32p practice , top quality targets left on from the last registered shoot plus ABT and Sportrap all on claymate with full catering in the clubhouse every practice day 

practice is open every Thursday Friday and Saturday 
Shame it is a 4 hour and 200 mile round trip for me...... The price of fuel would more than negate any potential savings on clays.

The closure of the cafe area was as early as 2020, the first covid shutdown saw its demise, given shootings score customer base was not alone in finding such a decision baffling / shortsighted.

Oh indeed a massive investment happening, whether it will turn the places fortunes is a big gamble. The new groundsman is both young and keen so am sure he will freshen things up, sadly and much like yourself fear the cost, and not only here will only increase.
Well he didn't freshen the targets much for last weeks reg. Lots of the presentations I've  shot before and I only go twice a year. And he needs to start the shoot with the traps full.😉.

And it would seem your message about reg shoots being cheaper than practice has got through. 

Reg shoots for the up coming summer series now £42bo/£47comp. 🤣

Jasper. 

Latest posts

Back