Pool Shoots At Registered Shoots 28grm loads !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithers

Can someone enlighten me ? Pool shoots at registered sporting shoots are they 28grm loads or like some shoot 30grm plus, ground owners please put signs up at shoots if 28grm max and ban the idiots who do not abide ! Big loads are more noisier & not everyone turns up with these, also how many stands around the shoot are big loads used on !!!!!

This is something that has gone on for years, I have even seen one of the top names using 36gms on a sporting shoot, because it was not a C.P.S.A. reg. shoot. It was pointed out to him that a poster in the clubhouse clearly stated that it was to 'English Sporting rules and he was disqualified, much to his disgust. He was allowed his 'win' on the pool shoot though, but I have NEVER seen cartridge loads  made clear on pool shoots.

This is something that has gone on for years, I have even seen one of the top names using 36gms on a sporting shoot, because it was not a C.P.S.A. reg. shoot. It was pointed out to him that a poster in the clubhouse clearly stated that it was to 'English Sporting rules and he was disqualified, much to his disgust. He was allowed his 'win' on the pool shoot though, but I have NEVER seen cartridge loads  made clear on pool shoots.
36g is certainly cheating but 32s are OK

with us it is a ground rule that 28 gram limit 

i did once disqualify someone who was using them on a pool shoot , as you quite rightly say there is no need for them a 28 gram will do the same job 

with us it is a ground rule that 28 gram limit 

i did once disqualify someone who was using them on a pool shoot , as you quite rightly say there is no need for them a 28 gram will do the same job
Would be interesting to check your pool shoot bins, I think you would be surprised, and yes 28grms are enough & you don't get big noise issue as well !!

Pool shoot is not registered and therefore it is up to the ground to decide. If they do not specify then you can use what you want.

36 grm is a great cartridge.....just saying .....but it won't make you win necessarily.

Best to shoot what you are used to. :laugh:

How many stands around the shoot are they used on??? Be a nice job for Steve after his next 250 entries shoot, empty all the bins and count out the 30g + cases!! Maybe he could let us know the exact amount!!

Would be interesting to check your pool shoot bins, I think you would be surprised, and yes 28grms are enough & you don't get big noise issue as well !!
Surely if there that much noisier, everybody would know straight away that you are using them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely if there that much noisier, everybody would know straight away that you are using them.
Not sure the untrained ear would notice 32gm although differant they are but 36gm are most definately noticable certainly to me that is :prankster:   

Ported 28" can sound like 36g but the intact clay is usually a clue. I'd have thought by now getting hold of even 32g shells in appropriate sizes would be next to impossible ? Anyway round our way it just isn't an issue. 

Reg shoots.

Scorers don't call kill / lost.

Some let you in cage to see a pair others don't.

Some couldn't care less about PPE others enforce it.

Now it's shells, some use light loads, perhaps they should be made to use 28 grm. May be everyone should use the same weight.

What if your not shooting the reg, not in the CPSA can you use what you like then?

To many un- enforced rules, no one knows where they stand.

I'm also fed up with whinging shooters spying on fellow shooters, the bagging post was typical of something going no where.

I personally couldn't care less what anyone uses.

Ported 28" can sound like 36g but the intact clay is usually a clue. I'd have thought by now getting hold of even 32g shells in appropriate sizes would be next to impossible ? Anyway round our way it just isn't an issue.
I can still but 36g 7 1/2's off the shelf...

The question has to be asked as to why you would bring 32g or 36g cartridges to a CPSA Registered shoot?

Unless you intended to use them of course!! :fie:

Surely not! Isn't that cheating???   :sarcastic:

If got some on my shelf.

post-2976-0-14456400-1420025024.jpg

for interest, I have watched GD shoot that teal 4 or 5 times, every time with 28gm no 7`s , which are 2.5 mm dia. takes a couple of go`s past 100 yards,  although  you can hear the pellets strike without breaking the clay.!!

Latest posts

Back