Tagging along with others

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Sian,  

Had a quiet year last year, shooting went to pot!    couldnt hit a barn door  

Just took it easy and did some straw bailers,  i'm hoping to do more this year time and funds permitting,  daft part is i can hit near on everything i go for, but not repeatably :)

Except trap,  i havent got a clue with that :)  

I did some DTL when i was in Oz  last year,  enjoyed it ...  skeet was tougher though!

:santa:
Well I’m glad you’re back on here.  I still chuckle thinking about the post you wrote on one of your Shooting experiences.  I so wish we could find that again.  Really hope to see you out and about perhaps a Southdown shoot.

Well I’m glad you’re back on here.  I still chuckle thinking about the post you wrote on one of your Shooting experiences.  I so wish we could find that again.  Really hope to see you out and about perhaps a Southdown shoot.
Yes, i need to find that one .

Can’t think of anyone I know who I can go shooting with and I’m dreading the first time I rock up at the ground without the comfort of knowing there’s an instructor waiting for me. I’ll probably wait for a rainy weekday so I can find my way around with a minimum of spectators!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can’t think of anyone I know who I can go shooting with and I’m dreading the first time I rock up at the ground without the comfort of knowing there’s an instructor waiting for me. I’ll probably wait for a rainy weekday so I can find my way around with a minimum of spectators!
That's one of the advantages of a registered shoot. There's always a button pusher, even if they like to say things like "pair away" a lot 😄

I wouldn't worry about it! I'm sure your local club can find a C shooter or two to send you out with. if not who cares. My first Fitasc Comp I scored 45/100 and the comments were supportive rather than derogatory! Part of why i got so hooked on the sport, in general we are a pretty easy going bunch!

I wouldn't worry about it! I'm sure your local club can find a C shooter or two to send you out with. if not who cares. My first Fitasc Comp I scored 45/100 and the comments were supportive rather than derogatory! Part of why i got so hooked on the sport, in general we are a pretty easy going bunch!
Thanks, yes I’m probably just making a big deal of something a lot of people go through - at 52 I really shouldn’t be bothered about my first day at big school should I! 😂 

Easiest way around this is to find a squaded shoot for your first time. You are guaranteed to have 5 or 6 people to shoot with who may not know each other either and you haven't got the hassle of queing and having to barge your way in to hand your card to the scorer. It's usually a bit quiet the first stand or two but everyone soon gets warned up and talking after a while. Over the last year or two we have met a lot of really nice people in squads at various shoots.

Easiest way around this is to find a squaded shoot for your first time. You are guaranteed to have 5 or 6 people to shoot with who may not know each other either and you haven't got the hassle of queing and having to barge your way in to hand your card to the scorer. It's usually a bit quiet the first stand or two but everyone soon gets warned up and talking after a while. Over the last year or two we have met a lot of really nice people in squads at various shoots.
Just googled squaded shoot and the first answer that comes up is a Wiki entry for execution by firing squad, seems a bit harsh.. 😮

Back