pet hate .

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
our top shooters not getting the rewards and recognition they deserve

when our so called top footballers, golfers and tennis players have won as many world titles as george.

or a gold medal like richard and pete i might show some interest.......sorry rant over

I have a new pet hate since 08:30 this morning when my work internet firewall started blocking all of my favorite gun shop / manufactures web sites.  Even the shoot clay blog page!!!

Forum seems to escape the filter.

I've had to work all morning to relieve boredom......... 

That's normally novices who haven't been shown properly... Jeans I have no issue with but head to toe camo I do (usually accompanied with a semi often a black and silver or black and red one!)
Ho No Autos Again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :keeporder:

This business about coloured autos is confusing me.

Does the black on mine count as a hate even though it's got wooden bits as well? Or must I have those hydrographically dipped with some weird psychedelic pattern before I can truly be an object of hate? Should I buy one of those bizarre "Muddy Girl" things? Does Nail varnish (sorry acrylic) help?

Is a stuck-on name on my barrel acceptable if it's not gun related? Like "Nescafe" or "Lidl"?

Nobody has yet covered boot type and colour. There are minute slices of an orangey rubbery stuff just visible on the sides of my boot soles. Should I camouflage them (Oh! What am I saying!) with paint? Is the rain hat I wear with pride to be consigned to the recycling bin? My mate tells me it makes me look like Will Hay, which I assume is a huge sartorial compliment.

Any social confidence that I once clung to when arriving at my local club is now evaporated.

I shall feel about as welcome as Oscar Pistorius in B&Q's bathroom section looking for doors...

Ho No Autos Again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :keeporder:
Ok I'm not going to take the auto bait this time! Anyway, looking at a few pics of some shooters over the past week, it occurred to me that perhaps I would like to change my age old trap shooting image soon. I'm not saying how I will change it as yet though! But it will not have anything to do with autos or camo gear!!!

So we're talking pal zilleri designer gear then les?

The 'orrible rose on the Syren stock.  Was looking at them online and thinking I might want to upgrade from my Silver Pigeon, but no way would I give one houseroom with that on it.

The 'orrible rose on the Syren stock.  Was looking at them online and thinking I might want to upgrade from my Silver Pigeon, but no way would I give one houseroom with that on it.
I got my hands on the CG Syren and the Fabarm Syren last weekend. I agree, the rose isn't very attractive. The Fabarm 20G Syren engraving was even less pretty. The gun fitted better than any I've ever picked up though. 

So we're talking pal zilleri designer gear then les?
Errrr.....well.....no.....not really! A guy I shoot with sometimes, who I have a huge respect for, kinda set things in motion, as well as lookin at the various pictures of late. Some may feel that its a bit radical, some may feel its out of place, but as usual I really couldn't give a monkeys cuss! Pmsl!

Ps...Ian all I can say is this...certain trap shooters in the county have started to wear track suit trousers!!!!! But I refuse to be drawn into that!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the badges thing, is left over from the Scouts or Cubs! I bet most of them was in one or both at sometime. The pins on the back of shooting jackets are definately used as a badge of honour in my oppinion, and make me chuckle quietly under my breath!

Pins on the skeet vest are essential..!

At some shoots the cheap ones that they give you can snap, bend or come undone....you then can lose your back number without realising it....then you get a bollocking at the next layout :laugh:

Not a lot of people would understand that need....if they have not stepped foot of Blighty....just saying :wink:

I always think it amusing that people would think this sort of thing about a safety pin.

However when you have inadvertently had it stick in your shoulder blade....as you say back in a chair....you would take it more seriously...honest..!

quite correct Tinkers,, mostly FITASC I may add, it`s difficult to sort who`s who when there are 6 people doing a maypole jig on the stand between singles/doubles, ,specially if they all wearing jeans and skeet vests plastered in badges. woe betide you get someone else`s score!  :haha:

I have no pet hates when shooting. i shoot have fun and don't worry myself about what others are doing. The world is a sad place when we worry about the petty things.

Back