pet hate .

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't mean to sound argumentative tinker it was a genuine question with regards to peeps feelings about regional team badges. Your right about the county badges I have county championship ABT badges but don't wear them as there was not many entries and no scalps taken of note so the title is meaningless to me. I did wear my ABT north of England team badge but ripped it off in anger after a particularily bad shoot, did wear my 100 straight metal badge that I first got 25yrs ago but the pin broke the other week so now I am bare of all badges etc.

Inappropriate clothes, guys turning up in proper naff gym slacks that you'd think twice cutting the grass in  :resent:  topped off with formal black shoes but with a normal skeet vest which they presumably think fixes everything. :toclue:

Didn't mean to sound argumentative tinker it was a genuine question with regards to peeps feelings about regional team badges. Your right about the county badges I have county championship ABT badges but don't wear them as there was not many entries and no scalps taken of note so the title is meaningless to me. I did wear my ABT north of England team badge but ripped it off in anger after a particularily bad shoot, did wear my 100 straight metal badge that I first got 25yrs ago but the pin broke the other week so now I am bare of all badges etc.
Oooh I love it when you 'are' argumentative :wink:

And I totally agree with you above....I only posted mine for the newbies. I always like to keep them in the grounds of reality.

So newbies start to grade your wins....after you have gone Woo Hoo...... Then you will keep improving. :wink:

Agree with most of the above apart from non ejectors the best fun I ever have on a sporting ground is a two man flush I could shoot them all day, every time there's one on I leave with empty wallet and no shells, just can't help it

The non-ejectors for clays are a great idea and I can't understand why they aren't standard, get really pi55ed off clearing the stands on some grounds before I can shoot them just because some lazy, inept, aerosol can't be bothered putting them in the bins which are provided. I also have a habit of doing the chicken dance on skeet stands :whistle:  which probably has everyone else thinking 'Oh FFS!!'

Other pet hate is needing a 4x4 to access a lot of grounds.

Must admit I'm not a fan of decals on guns and I tend to put any badges on kit other than my vest - rifle badges went on my shooting mat.

Why cant semi's get little bags that fit over the ejector port to catch the emptys

( and you can read into that what you like ;) )

:santa: x

the group of 5 or 6 people all sharing the same gun, and only ones shot before

great fun waiting about when its freezing, raining or snowing

should,nt of given up smoking

Sunday Coaches who think they are helping :fie:  I have never known so many people who say 'your over the top of that'

Pet hate... Probably sporting shooters telling me trap shooting is so easy anyone can shoot a big score. Unsurprisingly they haven't managed a 300 (or even a 100) but they know a mate that has!

Strangely, they never seem to want to demonstrate their brilliance when I offer them a wager!

Being asked "where was I" ....dunno I'm concentrating on my shooting...bit selfish I suppose but you wouldn't be asked in competition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading about all the people that have time & funds to go shooting in the week AND the weekends  :crazy: :hunter: :haha:  

Reading about all the people that have time & funds to go shooting in the week AND the weekends    :hunter: :haha:
OK....so that is me then....... :laugh:

Tough tits is a normal Northern response.....but i prefer......that 'yours' is not my problem :wink:

p.s. Hope it does not rain tomorrow or Thursday or Saturday or Sunday because I am pinging.......no shooting plans yet for Wed or Fri.....but i am open to offers or freebies :wink:

Sunday coaches is top of my list many a pleasant shoot has been ruined by them, I don't give advice unless asked and I don't want to receive any unless I ask, and Iv taken note most of the best shooters won't give you any unless you ask, funny iv seen very average shots giving advice to very good shots just cause they shot one stand better than they did

Iv only shoot trap for fun and yes it is easy to put in a score that will be better that your sporting average (think that's were they get confused) there could 5 birds between first and second in a 100 sporting, 5 birds between 1st and last in trap

Iv only shoot trap for fun and yes it is easy to put in a score that will be better that your sporting average (think that's were they get confused) there could 5 birds between first and second in a 100 sporting, 5 birds between 1st and last in trap
Sorry.......

Miss a bird in trap and you are 'hasta la vista baby'.....just saying

Dont pass go, dont pick up a medal and thanks for coming and adding to the prize fund :laugh:

(Non-confused trap and now....simo shooter :laugh: )

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back