pet hate .

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would wilingly PAY to have a camera installed near my home. I live on a wide THIRTY that is 30 mph road where the average speed is some 60mph. The main danger is some posterior part,  overtaking someone doing the legal limit,  this puts them on the opposite side of the carriageway. Problem then is,  someone coming off their driveway with the "I am only going one way, so only need to look one way" syndrome, promptly pulls out in front of aforementioned 'ass bit' doing the overtaking, result "OH S**T". Swiftly followed by rather abrupt braking, some very erratic steering, (both contribnutory factors to cause of skidding) and at best a near miss or at worst an RTC. I keep a First Aid kit by my front door, which has to be replenished on a regular basis. With the dramatic reductions in Police numbers it can often take an hour for anyone to turn up. At the last injury RTC an ambulance arrived (by accident) but could not remove injured due to being 'out of area', that took an hour and a half before injured (thankfully slight) were removed to Hospital. If the installation of a camera was to reduce speed to the LEGAL limit, then bring it on. Can I just mention that I was once informed that there is no such thing as a Traffic 'Accident', there is always someone to blame !
Westly

Sounds like your situation is a perfect location for a speed camera. Maybe you can persuade the local SC authority to move one from a dead straight piece of 60 mph A road in the area!

Alternatively wait until someone is killed and then you'll get one in no time.

DT

Not being able to watch our national rugby team play New zealand at the weekend without paying Sky tv despite the tv licence revenue being over 3.5 billion. :fie:

I would wilingly PAY to have a camera installed near my home. I live on a wide THIRTY that is 30 mph road where the average speed is some 60mph. The main danger is some posterior part,  overtaking someone doing the legal limit,  this puts them on the opposite side of the carriageway. Problem then is,  someone coming off their driveway with the "I am only going one way, so only need to look one way" syndrome, promptly pulls out in front of aforementioned 'ass bit' doing the overtaking, result "OH S**T". Swiftly followed by rather abrupt braking, some very erratic steering, (both contribnutory factors to cause of skidding) and at best a near miss or at worst an RTC. I keep a First Aid kit by my front door, which has to be replenished on a regular basis. With the dramatic reductions in Police numbers it can often take an hour for anyone to turn up. At the last injury RTC an ambulance arrived (by accident) but could not remove injured due to being 'out of area', that took an hour and a half before injured (thankfully slight) were removed to Hospital. If the installation of a camera was to reduce speed to the LEGAL limit, then bring it on. Can I just mention that I was once informed that there is no such thing as a Traffic 'Accident', there is always someone to blame ! 
Maybe all the coppers are in speed camera vans and they have none to spare for accidents.  The bit with the ambulance that's just classic.  It sounds as though your place could do with speed cameras to reduce speeds to legal levels, so where is it?  The cynical deployment of them on straight roads (or with a slight bend in them) takes them away from places where they could save lives.  A couple of weeks ago I had to drive up to Aberdeen and the A90 is absolutely lousy with them.  I have to agree with your final comment about accidents - there are very few I suspect caused by a failure of some kind on a vehicle most are caused by lack of judgement, gross incompetence and total stupidity!

Just my few pennies worth.

Yes, a fair number are due to failure of a major part on the vehicle, shock absorbers, 'metal' disc pads, poor illumination all avoidable IF the vehicle was correctly srviced.

Traffic. Two hours to travel 7 miles last night because of this

post-2976-0-34774300-1415989136.jpg

Same tonight thanks to the fffffing M25 tonight

Oh what going there, there's been an incident, slow down, got to look at the flashy lights, got to look at the flashy lights .......... :banghead:

Rubber neckers, usually the same one's who drive in Lane 2 and put their cruise on at 65mph and stay there. 

Latest posts

Back