OT

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Les
good morning mate.
Have you seen the European Ut scores at Portuga
http://www.fitasc.com/uk/home/view
wow high scores now what do we make of that
Morning Ian. Yes high indeed!!! I wonder why they are so high?

My wife is following the "live scores" for this shoot very closely as she knows the shooters being a dedicated UT shooter. She also hopes to be in the GBR team for the world UT in August.

Ladies is the apparent "WOW" moment with a predicted 190+ needed for a medal!

Kevin Boreley is going like a train on 172 ex 175

Ed Ling has shot a phenomenal 150 ex 150 so far.

"Little" Theo ling at just turned into a teenager and in his first shoot abroad shot a 137 ex 150 so far.

Looks like Ed's won it with 200 straight, a new world record. Psychology: When young Theo Ling was asked when he expected to overtake his older brother he said he already had - Ed didn't make the team until he was 14.

Wow great shooting by both brothers. Young theo is one to watch thats for sure. But 200 straight, incredible shooting.

Fred, have you spoken to paul yet for a report on targets ie. Were they as soft as the scores seem to indicate or did lots just shoot very well on the day. Your thoughts on current ot versus Ut targets ?

Half the guns shot 94% or better, the same happening at last world's UT. The targets are regulation and if anything the trend to Bio targets make them tougher.. Temp was 35deg so not comfortable. What Spain and Portugal have is Mediterranian light, a huge difference to our conditions. Still that obviously causes us to produce exceptional shots. As Mr Kostalecky says "we only play at 75m targets"

Hell of a statistic.

Your right about the light have never shot abroad but i am sure it makes a Hell of a difference.

I think a more realistic way of looking at the results, just the Open for example, is that one person won the contest and 200+ clearly did not.  Did the targets etc conform to the regulations?  If so, why would the scores distribution be a problem to the rules makers?  

Please excuse my ignorance here, but I notice that all the FITASC events are UT.  I presume that is the 5-machine trench not the 15-machine.  Can someone enlighten me as to why that is?  Actually I'm not even sure I'm asking the right question.

thanks

Charlie

Charlie

not sure i understand your question but yes Ut is what you prob call 5 trap very popular in Europe bit like a posh wobble trap or poor mans ot depending on which way you look at it.

Brilliant shooting by Ed Ling to go straight. Nerves of steel.

The scores are more reminiscent of DTL scores!!

Looks like a target speed increase is on the way !!

DT

Apparently if you practice on 90m targets 75m looks easy.

Apparently if you practice on 90m targets 75m looks easy.
Fred, are you saying that in Spain they shot 75m targets but always practice on 90m? I'm not too familiar with UT myself.

Sorry if I misled you Les, no, David Kostalecky in training for International Trap implied that it was normal to do your daily 6/8 rounds on 90m targets in order to make the standard competition target relatively easy to hit. An interesting theory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if I misled you Les, no, David Kostalecky in training for International Trap implied that it was normal to do your daily 6/8 rounds on 90m targets in order to make the standard competition target relatively easy to hit. An interesting theory.
Oh I see, now I'm with you Fred!

Flippin eck! a 90 metre target must be ballistic!! Amazed the clays can be thown that fast without breaking?

Surely this would mess with your timing for 75 metre targets in the same way ABT does for DTL??

DT

I paced an OT target, that I thought was a bit stiff and it had gone 120m!

That's a bloody long way!!!! Where did that happen Jake?
It was my home range on the Isle of Man when we had a guy in charge of the OT who set them very fast. I told him about it, but he said it had ridden on the wind. This can happen a bit, but 120m!!

I tend to agree with DT i dont see practicing on targets too different to the usual being helpful, a bit maybe.

I tend to agree with DT i dont see practicing on targets too different to the usual being helpful, a bit maybe.
Yes too true! Many years ago I mixed ABT with DTL for a while, but my scores at both suffered, because as far as I was concerned the timing on both were different. Well I packed in DTL and my ABT scores went up, I then moved over to OT, which was a whole new ball game as far as I was concerned. I did shoot a bit of ABT after switching to OT and to be honest ABT seemed a lot slower than OT, but that seems to have changed now!

Latest posts

Back