OT

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was my home range on the Isle of Man when we had a guy in charge of the OT who set them very fast. I told him about it, but he said it had ridden on the wind. This can happen a bit, but 120m!!
Yeah seems a hell of an extra distance just because of the wind.

I could never mix dtl with anything some can but as you say les your timing is so different. It took me 200 targets and 2 days to get anything like during my recent annual play at dtl. And many very very good ot shooters cant shoot dtl to save there life. I bet sporting shooters could mix them as they are used to shooting anything that is put before them but us trappies are a funny lot.

but us trappies are a funny lot.
My very first shotgun instructor, a bloke called Roger Squires, who knew most disciplines but really was a sporting shot at heart, said to me whilst having a lesson;- "I think you are going to end up as one of that funny lot"! I asked him what he meant, "a trap shooter" he replied, they're a funny lot. I asked him why he thought I would end up as a trap shooter, he reckoned I shot going away birds faster,quicker and more accurately than any other target. Well looks like he was right, after trying skeet and sporting many times, I ended up as one of that "funny lot".

Ha great stuff.

If things had gone differently you could have ended up one of those really funny lot, the sort that shoot going sideways and coming towards you stuff. I wonder if sporting sorts moan about stuff as much as trappies :)

Ha great stuff.

If things had gone differently you could have ended up one of those really funny lot, the sort that shoot going sideways and coming towards you stuff. I wonder if sporting sorts moan about stuff as much as trappies :)
Nah, don't think so mate, I reckon us trappies have cornered the market for moaning!

Quick! Someone bookmark that post!
Nice one Matt. But I honestly think it may be true! You can hear it when almost any trap squad leaves the layout;- targets not regulation, too much wind, too much heat, too cold, too sunny, not enough light, these shells are not what they used to be, my barrels are too short/long. The list is bloody endless!!!!! :haha:

That is all very true.

I might regret this but here goes.

At my local club many years ago i earned the nick name "raindrop" by my good friend and ref having complained about the water dripping on my barrels from the roof of the layout cover. Cheeky bar steward still calls me that even to this day. There are many things to complain about at trap some of which remain undiscovered thus far :)

OK raindrop! We had a similar thing at the old London Gun Company gun club. Ther corrugated tin roof on the ball trap layout had a hole in it at peg 4. It was often the case that water would drip onto your neck just as you were about to pull the trigger, talk about put you off!! Then we had the DTL layout that had paving slabs to stand on at each peg, none of those things were laid properly and they would rock about whilst you stood on them! The DTL trap itself was also rather fast for DTL and some of the angles were a bit suspect too, in fact some of the older guys used to call it "Down The Ball Trap"! :laugh:

It was my home range on the Isle of Man when we had a guy in charge of the OT who set them very fast. I told him about it, but he said it had ridden on the wind. This can happen a bit, but 120m!!
Hmmmm I wonder who that might have been ha ha ha

Charlie

not sure i understand your question but yes Ut is what you prob call 5 trap very popular in Europe bit like a posh wobble trap or poor mans ot depending on which way you look at it.
Thanks.  I've never seen a UT setup but it impressed me as potentially a more difficult game.  Much like I found ABT to be a more difficult game than OT.  At the Miramar club in San Diego (now closed sad to say) the ABT was right next to the bunker and it never failed to school me.  Maybe it was the sound it made that put me off form hahaha  yeah, that would be it.

So at any rate it looks like FITASC has gotten the UT game and ISSC the OT game?  More or less?

Sure wish I had access to the fun things you folks have.  And be 30 yrs younger too while I'm at it hahaha

thanks for the assist

Charlie

Brilliant shooting by Ed Ling to go straight. Nerves of steel.

The scores are more reminiscent of DTL scores!!

Looks like a target speed increase is on the way !!

DT
My bold in the above.  And my instant question would be; what purpose would that (or any other change for that matter) serve?

inquiring minds, etc

Charlie

Matt, it's 22 years since they made OT 24gm and they still go on about it.
It seems like only yesterday Fred! 20 years!!! Where has all the time gone? Anyway let's bring back 32grm loads and be done with it!!

I've been saving these for when Ounce-and-a-quarter came back Les. You'll notice the price is on them and they have that new-fangled Nickel shot.

http://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_06_2013/post-54-0-95795100-1371547530.jpg    http://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_06_2013/post-54-0-98351000-1371547404.jpg   
post-54-0-95819300-1371547463.jpg

Attachments

• Eley Century 056.JPG
    Eley Century 056.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Eley Century 057.JPG
    Eley Century 057.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Eley Century 058.JPG
    Eley Century 058.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 0
Back