Open Thread - Clay Shooting Classic - June 4th to 7th

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to concur there poacher  great company,great targets and organisation,good weather what more could you ask for ...OH !.......40 red 40 blue to have shot a few more on a few stands on both courses as beat me up a little but really enjoyed it all...! long day and two hour drive home bloody knackered ..... 

Well shot Jem,wayne,and lord tipper ... 

Good to see and catch up with quite a few from here, to meet a few and put names to faces... pleasure to have a chat with you clarkey80 

Good luck to all those who are to shoot it I hope the weather will be kind to make it a great day out like we've had..

Well done Steve.Ally, the refs and all the other staff for giving a great day out !! Thanks 

well done boys think we had a good day for it. started well with a 60 on the red then a bad first few stands on the blue ended up with a 48 so 108 for me. 

nice to meet 28boreshot shortlegs and mr keen today.

oh 28boreshot is no where near as old as i thought he was!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
well done boys think we had a good day for it. started well with a 60 on the red then a bad first few stands on the blue ended up with a 48 so 108 for me. 

Still an old bugger though  :laugh:  ......

Well shot Steve .... 

ha ha, im 61, just never had a paper round made me brother do it....

well shot today bud.

He's older than you thought. He just hides it well.

Absolutely brilliant shoot. I would have loved to shoot it.

Oh SOR !
You should have thrown a sickie yesterday , always remember, Fail to Prepare = Prepare to Fail.
Shot the blue course in agony pete, ciatica in my lower back kicked in big time every time I swung the gun side to side just back from osteopath now feeling much better, in time to shoot grange tomorrow as I've said earlier the classic was a fab shoot with many tests of skill wish I could go back and do it today!

www.proshock.co.uk

Just back - awesome shoot 5:00 start this morning - nearly drowned on the Motorway (or so I thought) got going on time and some early dry stands then it started! I may have medically drowned twice! And I am sure every time I put my gun up it filled up with water and slowed my lead down! well that's my excuse and I am sticking to it!

A tropical storm of a  52 was the result which wasn't the end of the world, but would have loved to had seen some of those great targets without driving rain.

The sun then came out (lucky 11am rotation) and the afternoon went well on Red with a 60 more great targets and a pleasing 112 to beat next time!

This is how all shoots need to be run well done Steve, Ali and the team. :bow:

Just back - awesome shoot

This is how all shoots need to be run well done Steve, Ali and the team. :bow:
I'd like to echo the above.
Only negative was all the mud on Blue but it was never slipping underfoot in the stands - just a struggle to stay upright sometimes getting around the course.

Steve paced the targets around the course really well. I was happy with 52 on blue but faded a bit on red with 45 - failed to straight anything on that course and allowed myself to drop clays I could hit.

It certainly brought out the best in some shooters at the same time as breaking a few others.
Looking forward to the Troy FITASC now Steve

post-359-140217496436.jpg

I'm happy.
Medal
£700
And a slab a shells.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402174952.699080.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402174952.699080.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 0
That was one of the best shoots I've ever been to, targets superb, organisation superb, atmosphere superb,

Mark winser 74 on blue 70 on red = 144 out of this world or what? and such a nice bloke.

Met and shot with no 1 topdog and his mate Trevor, really, really nice people, he even brought me a present , a stick he'd made himself and I love it.

I shot 54 on red and 59 on blue giving me joint 3rd in B class with 113. Nice to see a colt win B with 127, well shot Jem you did me by 1 those lads from Wales you shot with yesterday are the lads I normally shoot with

Big thanks to Steve ,Ally and all their helpers, nobody does it quite like you guys

Great shoot!  Great targets!  Great result for JB!

(Great oaf went down like a sack of sh*t in the mud on Blue, pulled the tri in my right arm!)  Unfortunately, I can't use that as an excuse for poor shooting - I shot the red second, and a damn sight better!

Good day though!  This is how shoots should be run, no hold-ups, no breakdowns, excellent organisation, great targets (did I say that already??)

:hunter:   :biggrin:

What a fantastic day, even though the red course did me in. Thank you to all my squad for the terrific shooting I got to watch and to George for the tips. Thank you to all the refs for the great job you do and to Allison and Steve for all their hard work to give us all a brilliant experience. And...I DIDNT COME LAST :) :)

Shot Thursday with dad. Simply the best set of targets I have shot in my 2 & a half years...great effort! Well done Steve and Ally!

Astonishing effort from Mark Winser to shoot a 144 on that course, even better in my opinion than the 98 in the English at Southdown.

Latest posts

Back