Open Thread - Clay Shooting Classic - June 4th to 7th

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teepee did you see your gorgeous self at the Classic on the clayshootingtv?

Yes Sian... I'm obviously enormously famous and talented and good looking and ... and... or Phil just wanted to shoot some old fart making a mess of things!

What can I say. Did I really shoot the same course as the people who have commented earlier.Targets were absolutly faultless,but lots of things were I thought not up to spec.I visited 4 toilets at different times during Saturday, not 1 had any kind of paper, even the Sun would have been acceptable...The blue course was a mud bath and slippery as hell,it isn't too difficult to put some chippings or straw down.I'm 67 and not too bad on my pins but I saw lots of people alot younger than me go A over T.The covered areas where the drinks stations were, were full of empty boxes from 11-00 on Saturday, not very hospitable. The advertised 10 minute walk to the blue course was a 25 minute hike to my stand.The entry price for this shoot was £84 and I don't think was value for money. I know no one can predict the weather but there were lots of things that could have been much better. I have shot at all the Classic shoots since the very first one and to be honest I don't know what would have happened if the ground had suffered and had rain like the one at MOLD.. I think that credit is due for the targets but anything else left me cold. from Lyn James ( Auntie ).

hi lyn , firstly i feel saddened that you had such a dreadfull day , the classic this year was on a green field site and as such is a greenfield site not a manicured shooting ground with purpose made tracks everywhere , the blue course was on a wild bird mixture so in fact we were not allowed to put any wood chips or anything on the ground that constitutes a path , and i think to be honest the only place that didnt cope with the flash storm on saturday morning was the slight incline from stand 12 to 2 the rest of the course was on stony ground and drained pretty well .

the advertised walk should have only took 15 mins max i had alot of people prior to the event walk it of all ages and abilities and the longest recorded time was 12 mins , which in comparison to other classics was a walk in the park .

the toilet situation is one i do apologise for as we had the provider booked to come and service them on friday and saturday morning but he never came to us on sat as this was pointed out to me on the day , but the main block wasnt a problem at all .

the water and banana stations were probably empty by lunch time as people helped themselves for breakfast i think 

i think with the amount of work gone into this event from myself and allison the entry fee of £84 was not expensive in fact it is a reduction on last years 

steve

Hi steve,Please be assured that I didn't have a dreadful day, and also be assured that I am fully aware of the time and effort you both put into the organisation of the shoot.Maybe I was unlucky to take 25 mins to get to my first stand because it was stand 8 which as you would be aware that meant a double hike up the slippery mud bank.I still think a little straw down wouldn't have harmed the enviroment and I am quite used to long off piste hikes living in the Yorkshire Dales. I still don't understand why the toilets on the course couldn't have been serviced with just the basics.. We can't all bottle it  or dive in the bushes or wait untill we get back to the  main area.The water and banana stations were depleted at 11-00 on the red course. I appreciate your prompt response to my observations and hope to repeat next year. from Auntie.

Back