Father Christmas hat saves the day !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westley

Well, being that time of year, I attended at a Christmas shoot yesterday with some really lovely people. I knew there would be some newcomers to the sport shooting, my neighbour and my Grandson being two of them. To save people standing around waiting to shoot and trying not to upset the usual Wednesday practice shooters, we split into squads of 6, this added another newcomer to our group. I was unaware that this chap was a newcomer, until after I saw him shoot the first 4 stands. The next stand was a slow teal bird followed by a long slow incoming, dropping target. The newcomers were only shooting 50 to our 100 targets, so we're doing 3 pairs to our 4. I watched this guy shoot the first pair and could see his left eye was taking command. After a short chat, he had been told his left eye was his master eye, but to close the left eye when shooting. As he had forgotten his shooting glasses, he was shooting without. I pointed out that he must be opening his left eye, although he was adamant he wasn't. As we were all wearing some form of Christmas attire, and he had a 'Santa' hat on, I was able to unfold the 'turn up' on the left front of his hat. This effectively, blocked his left eye. He went on to straight the following 2 pairs. He used his newly found eye patch for the remainder of the shoot, admitting that it was a Personal Best score for him. Added to that, the other 2 newcomers shot exceptionally well too, it was a great day for all.

Latest posts

Back