Nil griffe

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is all way too complicated for me!!!!!

•  

Last edited by a moderator:
More worrying the lack of entries! 15 for OT and 9 for the last ABT shoot! No wonder they are turning it in to a wind farm!

DT
The main issue lately as far as this area is concerned is the weather!!!!! It's been bloody awful since November, a good few people, me included, just won't shoot in such weather! Yesterday it was wind gusting to 60mph and showers, there were also quite a few people that may not have been able to get there from certain areas due to floods in Somerset and Devon. We've had this for so long now that it's become a nightmare! I think also that some people have now written off Southern Counties, mainly because of the closure issues, and have decided to shoot elsewhere!

So griffe stocks and felt recoil, same as normal stock or much improved ?

So griffe stocks and felt recoil, same as normal stock or much improved ?
No idea, but its a lot of money to find out mate!!! Not sure if you can get a recoil reducer fitted into one, I guess Nic would know, she uses one of those stocks. You have a word with Dennis Stepney of course, he has all the info on the things. You could buy a half decent gun for what those things cost!!!!!! But if one  could help your neck problem them maybe it would be worth it, maybe he has a sort of try stock available,might be worth asking him Ian.

cheers les, will see how the season goes in the meantime gather as much info as poss.

Need to do something my neck is agony. Need a Monte Carlo or something as every time i move or bend my neck i its excruciating. I seem to be falling to bits this last few years, i feel about 80 :(

Sounds like you need maipulation. You said it was an old fencing injury. Did you get wacked in the neck by a cutlass or is it a muscular or bone thing? (He says pretending he knows what he's talking about!).

I ask because I've had a few skeletal type injuries remedied by Chiropractic Manipulation and Deep Tissue Massage therapy.  :biggrin:

Need to do something my neck is agony. Need a Monte Carlo or something as every time i move or bend my neck i its excruciating. I seem to be falling to bits this last few years, i feel about 80 :(
Ian I know you won't like this but.......go and see a good coach/gunfitter before you do anything at all. As I've said before, I had neck and comb slap issues and they were solved by a coach and without changing the gun.  Sometimes small changes can have a drastic effect on things, both in a negative and a positive sense! Try it, what have you got to lose?

I ask because I've had a few skeletal type injuries remedied by Chiropractic Manipulation and Deep Tissue Massage therapy.  :biggrin:
Hold on Mike, that sounds a bit kinky to me, I bet you had to strip naked for it!!!!! What was she like by the way? :laugh:

Les

your right i don't like that idea one bit.

Mike

according to my doc following x ray about 8 yrs ago, and my private Physio concurs, its the vertebrae in the neck that are knackered same as my lower back sciatica problem. I cant be sure but i think its from when i fenced had a few knocks but mainly just repetitive strain, the back problem i have had since i was 21the neck problem occurred 8 or so years ago. I can go months sometimes a year with no neck problem but the sciatica is always there its just a case of degrees of discomfort or pain. ibuprofen has no effect on either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Les

your right i don't like that idea one bit.

Mike

according to my doc following x ray about 8 yrs ago, and my private Physio concurs, its the vertebrae in the neck that are knackered same as my lower back sciatica problem. I cant be sure but i think its from when i fenced had a few knocks but mainly just repetitive strain, the back problem i have had since i was 21the neck problem occurred 8 or so years ago. I can go months sometimes a year with no neck problem but the sciatica is always there its just a case of degrees of discomfort or pain. ibuprofen has no effect on either.
You are one stubborn bugger Ian!!!!!!

Hold on Mike, that sounds a bit kinky to me, I bet you had to strip naked for it!!!!! What was she like by the way? :laugh:
Well, the Chiropractor was actually an escaped Nazi War Criminal who had no sense of humour or compassion at all (and was a man!!) Yes it hurt a bit! Stopped seeing this one now.

Now, the Masseuse is a very, very nice young lady. Wonderful personality, great sense of humour, absolutely stunning and extrodinarily good with her hands. I'm still visiting this one even though the pain went away ages ago. I'm always worried it might come back, so I like to ensure I stay supple. Yes, my wife fell for that one too!!  Result!  :sarcastic:

Mike

Sounds like you're doing the best you can Ips and are in good hands. It's one of those problems that effects everything all the time and without relief from pain killers I can see why you like the scotch. Best known pain killer there is, so my Dad used to say??  :biggrin:

Well, the Chiropractor was actually an escaped Nazi War Criminal who had no sense of humour or compassion at all (and was a man!!) Yes it hurt a bit! Stopped seeing this one now.

Now, the Masseuse is a very, very nice young lady. Wonderful personality, great sense of humour, absolutely stunning and extrodinarily good with her hands. I'm still visiting this one even though the pain went away ages ago. I'm always worried it might come back, so I like to ensure I stay supple. Yes, my wife fell for that one too!!  Result!  :sarcastic:
Actually I've a problem with my thumb, any chance you can PM her number to me? :spiteful:

Dont hold your balls as hard or for as long that will help matters.

Actually I've a problem with my thumb, any chance you can PM her number to me? :spiteful:
Sounds like it didn't hold you back last night up (sorry, on) the alley??

Anyway, hands off! I saw her first!!  :sarcastic:

Back on topic I know one thing I would spend money on a griffe for my std DT rather than buy a new gun. In fact now that the neck problem has recurred I am even more convinced its the way to go.

Back