Wanted Adj LH DT10 stock sought

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First post alert and thank you for the add.

I have lovely mint factory LH DT10L without adjustable comb. Adjustable seems to be the way but it seems like sacrilege to get mine modified, esp if I don’t like.

So I am appealing to see if anyone has an adjustable LH stock gathering dust in a corner, ideally a factory unit but will consider modified if money is right.

Also appreciate critical and better informed thoughts for a novice.

Jon F

Do you know why you need it to be adjustable ?
Hi Freddy, two separate gun fitters have told me I am sighting low and left. They can only see half my pupil down the comb. When I’m snugly fitted in my cheek.

In knowing I can compensate but it’s not a fixed register like under my cheek bone. Unless the many vids I have watched are wrong ;-).

I might be tempted to get the existing stock made adjustable. Where are you in the country - Simon Wilmore at Doveridge does an excellent job,

It would also be helpful to speak to a stocker to see if the existing stock can be bent to fit. Ben (Husthwaith) may pop up to say they don't stay (and I would not question his experience) but I have had 3 done and they have remained in place.

Also be aware that if you are new to this it might be worth putting a temporary fix in place (a comb riser kit might may do the trick) for a 1000 cartridges or so to make sure your mount does not change - I messed about for a few months at the start and then found the standard stock was right for me - It cost me a 686 stock which I messed up with some DIY before I realised this !!!!. If you are low and to the left of a LH stock then a neoprene sleeve (or in my speak a wanker blanket) will do the job.

https://ukoutdoorstore.co.uk/shop/b...d-smooth-2-3mm-non-slip-neoprene-version-2-0/

I might be tempted to get the existing stock made adjustable. Where are you in the country - Simon Wilmore at Doveridge does an excellent job,

It would also be helpful to speak to a stocker to see if the existing stock can be bent to fit. .

Also be aware that if you are new to this it might be worth putting a temporary fix in place
Thank you again Freddy, your post aligns perfectly with my mind space TBH.

As an engineer (and perfectionist) I would not get such a rigid piece bent for a long list of reasons.

A friend suggested a w(anchor) pad :) and that may be my first option when I have had more bang time.

The gun is mint, hence firstly seeing if such a stock is out there which enables me to fully revert if I end up going full circle.

I have had no where near enough gun time to start carving things up yet. Although the beartooth might now be my first play if I don’t find a stock, thank you.

Many thanks

Latest posts

Back