Nil griffe

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'm just too simple.  An adjustable comb is as much as I can contend with.  And I only have those cuz nothing on the guns I get has ever fit me and I can't afford to buy a stock that does off the shelf.

Charlie

What was the first picture? It's not showing up?
'>
car-seat-repair.jpg

Its a view into a car, that has no seat other than an unfixed, plastic school chair.

Apparently Formula 1 racing drivers all use custom made seats that fit them perfectly, they are not adjustable. I just don't really understand why, if a stock has been made for or fitted to an individual, where is the need to also have it adjustable? Unless of course the gun is to be used for more than one discipline perhaps! OK over time our shape can change I guess, but getting a stock altered is not that costly, particularly if you are a pro!!!

Now seriously considering one for my std dt10.

Are there adjustable balance weights on these things ?

How much adjustment is there on the but plate i would want a Monte Carlo type set up ?

Are they stock items or to order ?

Anyone selling a beretta one by any chance ?

Ps

who deals with them other than the bloke darn sarf, i am sure heard someone mention mid Wales shooting ground ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious question has a this type of stock ever been used by a top OT shooter ,Peter Wilson used one for DT did he not? My knowledge of the game is based purely on watching videos of the finals and I don't think I have ever seen one used but that does not mean they are not used as you only see the final six there may be others who did not make the final who do use them. Most of the shooters I have seen in these videos tend to use a standard stock not even adjustable, which kind of reinforces Les's comment.

OK, together then. 1...2...3...Jump!

Seriously though these things are soooo expensive it does take a leap of faith to buy without trying one first.

I know someone selling a MX8 trap stock and now I have the funds I'm dithering. Personally I would rather stick with a traditional stock and have it properly fitted, maybe a trip to the factory but I'm not sure I know enough to know what I want...if that makes sense?

Good point, i suspect the top boys can afford a bespoke stock and have it altered if required. But to answer your question i think ed ling uses one his dad certainly does.

Maybe they are more suited for those of us that have a specific fit required or as tinker says so you can try things if only to satisfy curiosity.

Dennis Stepney is the man if you want to buy / try a standard size. He has been the importer from the start and he knows his stuff.

Germany is where you go if you want your own hand done.

You have to specify at purchase time if you want the balancer so that area is put in. (I have not used mine - but had it because they might develop a recoil system to go in there. Lots being tested ....but none perfect enough for Wilfred yet).

If you mean 'drop' on the but plate.....up to about 1.5 to 2" (without me getting up and measuring it :wink: )

The comb has only normal movement on the pegs, but you can get different heights of combs.

I think you do know what you want Greg.

However i have known a few people who have trusted the fitter and ended up with a dog i have also known people who knew what they wanted and got the fitter to make it and turned out they didn't know what they wanted after all and ended up with a dog. Get a griffe and if your wrong you put it back just as tinker stated earlier in the thread.

Very tempted think they are 1.6k so probably price of a bespoke Italian if you include flight etc.

OK, together then. 1...2...3...Jump!

Seriously though these things are soooo expensive it does take a leap of faith to buy without trying one first.

I know someone selling a MX8 trap stock and now I have the funds I'm dithering. Personally I would rather stick with a traditional stock and have it properly fitted, maybe a trip to the factory but I'm not sure I know enough to know what I want...if that makes sense?
Likewise...not jumping....can't be arsed anymore.

But on the other matter I have a few MX8 stocks and 2 of these MX8 trap stocks are for sale (they were spares) before the evocomps.....pm me if you are interested.

Tinker

normal movements on the comb as in like a normal adj comb, that should be ok then surely.

2" drop so you can get it high in the shoulder like an extreme Monte yes ?

I think you may find they are a bit more than £1.6k, especially when you add on the extras like balancer weights, etc although. I am sure someone that has actually bought one will be along in a mo to confirm. Plus you have to budget in trip down to the deep southwest. Probably cheaper to fly to Italy!

Does Dennis do home visits?

DT

Edited due to me not knowing my east from my west.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you do know what you want Greg.

However i have known a few people who have trusted the fitter and ended up with a dog i have also known people who knew what they wanted and got the fitter to make it and turned out they didn't know what they wanted after all and ended up with a dog. Get a griffe and if your wrong you put it back just as tinker stated earlier in the thread.

Very tempted think they are 1.6k so probably price of a bespoke Italian if you include flight etc.
Quite. IPS.

AA bespoke Italian (if you like good job....) even medium grade wood .....4 years ago cost me 1800 ish euros for 2 ....then you have the flights ....3 days hotel min.

Why do you need to go why cant he just post it up, i can assemble and adjust it, i am an engineer you know :)

I think you may find they are a bit more than £1.6k, especially when you add on the extras like balancer weights, etc although. I am sure someone that has actually bought one will be along in a mo to confirm. DT
I just did do :wink: the balancer extra was negligible ...something like £30.....if I can find my paperwork I will check.

And Yes IPS....the adjust comb works like normal ones....the only difference is that the range is bigger....to accommodate the double trap shooters.

There are different height posts and different height combs.....they are separate to the standard set up.

Dennis has spares etc ...for normal consumption .....I have not needed any up to now.

Why do you need to go why cant he just post it up, i can assemble and adjust it, i am an engineer you know :)
You can.....and as an engineer.....you could fit it......It is simple...articulated hinged stock bolt is the main difference. The instructions walk you through it easily. Any problems give Den ..(..or me) a call.

I think DT was thinking that he would need help to start.

Cheers for the info.

Yes no problem for me to fit and i know exactly what set up i require. In your opinion are the weights needed or is the std stock similar weight to the beretta one fitted ?

Cheers for the info.

Yes no problem for me to fit and i know exactly what set up i require. In your opinion are the weights needed or is the std stock similar weight to the beretta one fitted ?
Tisk tisk..........what is a Beretta?

The Evocomp was made originally for the Perazzi.....hence the balancer has not come into use.

But remember.....it is not a miracle product....'you' still have to put the lead in the right place :wink:

Back