Nil griffe

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A visit to Dennis is worthwhile, he has his own OT layout on site. I've watched him fit up an Evocomp for trap and charges nothing for his time. Let him watch you shoot trench and fit you for it [mark down the settings]. Best of both worlds - do your own mods later. I made four trips there when we were devising the thumb grip. 20mins from where you leave the M5 for S. Counties stay over at Geoge Albert come back next day after using the trench there. A person could book the day after your ABT selection shoot to see Dennis. If you want earlier I'm up for a trip. An Evocomp has a better resale value than a custom stock. We could visit Balltrap Les in West Bay.

I think DT was thinking that he would need help to start.
Yes and no.
I think 40up covered it best in a latter post. A trip to see Dennis is well worth while as you can try the various grip sizes, pick finishes, etc as well as have Dennis set the stock up to suit you.

I was being lazy with the home visits comment.

I' sure I could fit one as I have a adjustable spanner!

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
A visit to Dennis is worthwhile, he has his own OT layout on site. I've watched him fit up an Evocomp for trap and charges nothing for his time. Let him watch you shoot trench and fit you for it [mark down the settings]. Best of both worlds - do your own mods later. I made four trips there when we were devising the thumb grip. 20mins from where you leave the M5 for S. Counties stay over at Geoge Albert come back next day after using the trench there. A person could book the day after your ABT selection shoot to see Dennis. If you want earlier I'm up for a trip. An Evocomp has a better resale value than a custom stock. We could visit Balltrap Les in West Bay.
that could be a good plan but hunters have you seen price of albert, not made of money you know :)

Fred it would be great to see you,just let me know when and I will have the beers on the bar waiting for you! One thing puzzles me though,Den does not use a nil grif! He still shoots his old mirook and still eats people alive at times! I know....I've been there!!! Maybe such fancy guns and stocks are not for him,otherwise he would use one. He told me last year that the gun that would make him world champ has not been made,otherwise it would be in his gun room!

Abbey uses one and she won at S. Counties today.

Right then had the std dt10 on the table today have put slightly thicker pad on in an attempt to slow it down as its ightening fast, barrels are 1500 which is 90 lighter than eell, also it will reduce comb height slightly as its 4mm higher than eell. Theoretically it fits better and is kinder to my sciatica as overall weight is less. I have shot it well in the past having done in comp 100 straight DTL 86 OT and 95 ABT and UT, but recent trials have not been so good however I havent really stuck at it so this time I will give it a month or so and see what happens, then I will decide on stick with it, revert back to eell or griffe.

Put two pieces of window led under the forend - that'll make it a DT11  :prankster:

Ha, :)

see what you think next week I reckon its spot on sighting down rib its just touching the iris (according to lynn.)

Thicker pad has put 1/4" on but feels fine in fact in the kitchen it feels great, but dont they always. Tell you what else I have often considered is a jones adjuster, hideous looking things but give monte carlo gun fit and I would put a bit more kick out at the toe (or is it heal can never remember)

Abbey uses one and she won at S. Counties today.
results indicate sc not getting any easier :)

Cant wait for degla and bev scores, think degla would have been quiet and wet and windy and wished you had stayed st home kind of dsy :)

Yes I sawed the end off a Winchester 101 Montecatini years ago and fitted a Jones adjuster. Felt great shot crap [gun should pivot round face not shoulder]

Yes I sawed the end off a Winchester 101 Montecatini years ago and fitted a Jones adjuster. Felt great shot crap [gun should pivot round face not shoulder]
in other words "ian dont be an arse leave it alone"

point taken, have removed from shopping list :)

Oh forgot to say have changed trigger for flat blade and orange bead is back on ..... I dont do things by halves you know.

results indicate sc not getting any easier :)

Cant wait for degla and bev scores, think degla would have been quiet and wet and windy and wished you had stayed st home kind of dsy :)
More worrying the lack of entries! 15 for OT and 9 for the last ABT shoot! No wonder they are turning it in to a wind farm!

DT

Everywere seems to be low on numbers these days have seen entries of one and two and reg abt lately :(

Jay

how do you find the thumb hole grip does it make any real difference if so what ?

I think you may find they are a bit more than £1.6k, especially when you add on the extras like balancer weights, etc although. I am sure someone that has actually bought one will be along in a mo to confirm. DT

I just did do :wink: the balancer extra was negligible ...something like £30.....if I can find my paperwork I will check.
And Yes IPS....the adjust comb works like normal ones....the only difference is that the range is bigger....to accommodate the double trap shooters.
There are different height posts and different height combs.....they are separate to the standard set up.
Dennis has spares etc ...for normal consumption .....I have not needed any up to now.
I've got bill for Balancer £102. Let me know if it has gone up a lot Tinker.
Don't forget The Olympic Skeet Gold Medalist used one, and it was the one discipline I thought they wouldn't suit!

http://www.tirovesti.co.uk/

Hi fellas, I've just read through all the threads on Nill Griffe so as I've been getting used to mine these last couple of months I'll throw my thoughts into the mixer:

• When I went to Italy to get my Essevierre stock fitted to my ASE I went with a budget in mind, which went out the window when it came to selecting the wood.
  • The Nille Griffe may be expensive now but new innovations usually are until enough 'early adopters' purchase them and more market interest generates the pipeline for the company. I certainly think it's worth it I bought one for my wife as well.
  • There are now quite a few top OT shots using them.
  • I strongly recommend that if you get one replace the kick eez with one of Dave Izzards X-Pads
To answer your question IPS, the thumb hole grip is great and the whole set up basically reduces the opportunity for mis-mounting errors by promoting a better position. When I pick up a gun now, that has a normal stock it feels like a glove thats way too big for my hand - if that makes sense!

I would recommend one of these stocks especially for Trap. If you do get one though make sure you give it a good chance and get used to it, preferably over the winter months which is what i've done. 

I've got bill for Balancer £102. Let me know if it has gone up a lot Tinker. Don't forget The Olympic Skeet Gold Medalist used one, and it was the one discipline I thought they wouldn't suit! http://www.tirovesti.co.uk/
Oooops...just checked and the balancer puts the 4 weights and rod etc...was 100 Euros...whatever that is in non-monopoly money :wink:

Back