New gun: Sabatti CTS?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BTC3

Hi there,

I am in the fortunate position that someone has offered to buy me a shotgun. It will be used for sporting, mainly, though I am quite taken by DTL, and I can see myself having a go at other trap disciplines at some point. The agreed budget is £1000 - £1500, which opens up the options somewhat, especially since I'm not fussed by buying new or second hand. Other than the obvious candidates from Browning or Miroku (haven't got on with Berettas for some reason), I saw a Sabatti CTS advertised for about £1300. I have found two magazine reviews, which were positive, but no user/owner comments.

Does anyone here have any knowledge or experience of these? Also, resale value is not a consideration here, so are there any other less common brands/guns I should look at?

Many thanks,

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard of it! My thoughts are that because it's unusual and unknown to many? that you may wonder if it is the gun if things don't go well? Go for the trusted stuff.. brand new Browning or Miroku for that money.

I will go with the others too. Sabatti are not well known in the UK and I'm not even sure who is selling them. Apart from a resale issue, you should also bear in mind reliability and the availability of parts in the UK, just in case something were to go wrong. As said previously, with the funds you have available I would stick with Beretta, Miroku/Browning.

Sabatti, made in Italy.

A friend had one once, it worked once but not very often. I think if you buy one it will not use a lot of cartridges, and you will not suffer much from recoil.

You may need to go on an anger management course?

Thanks for the responses - and the prize for creative criticism goes to Salopian!

I guess the message is clear, off-brands are just that: off. Time to go scout some shops...

Thanks again,

Richard

Sabatti OUs are one of my best sellers.

In around two years of selling them I've had zero issues or returns for any reason other than to buy another for son or friend.

Very well made, Italian quality at virtually a Turkish price.

Do a search on Youtube for Sabatti, you will find a number of videos which take you around the factory and the various processes.

Don't be brainwashed by the big B brands.

webber

Its down to personal taste choice, I'm not above opting for less well known kit but I need to be sure I can get the parts or there's dealer back-up in place or it can turn into a PITA otherwise. For the money in the OP I'd go for a Browning B525 grade1 sporter, but one of the ATA Beretta knock-offs would be worth a look or any of the makes mentioned.

Gents....There are many Sabattis in the Valle Trompia all in all parts of the Italian gun trade.

Here the first name is essential for identification :laugh:

Sabatti is the equivalent of Mr Jones or Mr Smith...

They make great......stocks......barrels....actions....in all the recognised and unrecognised Italian gun making companies. :wink:

.......just saying...!!

Hope that helps.

Nic, so you're saying the parts are in theory good, but can they put together a whole gun that's as good?

Sent from my mobile wiv fumbs

Wasn't it Sabatti who made the medalist for Browning a few years ago ?
Yes it was had one a while ago, absolutely nothing wrong, as a weekend enjoy your clay shooting gun. However all that has been said about the big names is pretty accurate.

Nic, so you're saying the parts are in theory good, but can they put together a whole gun that's as good? Sent from my mobile wiv fumbs
Nope ...I am saying that there are a lot of 'Jones's' in the shooting world ...all working for different companies...simply because in that area it happens to be a popular surname. Until you know which Sabbati you are talking about and what his specialty is....you will not have a clear picture...they are not related.

It is like Evans in the tin mines or steel industry. :wink:

Until you know which Sabbati you are talking about and what his specialty is....you will not have a clear picture...
See? That annoys me: the roads all tend to point back to the "big 3", when surely there must be more options out there!
Maybe I'll just have to drive round Brescia knocking on workshop doors and see what bargains I can find.

Latest posts

Back