Lessons

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam McNally

I am considering taking a lesson, I Have heard a lot of people use Carl bloxam has anyone on here taken a lesson with him and what did it cost thanks

Highly recommended.

Not sure of his current rates - but they will be competitive as he is usually BUSY.

Yes, a while back. Very good and cheaper than many. I gather he has really improved his facilities also. As you are in Warwickshire it seems an obvious move. Remember its value not cost. 5 cheap lessons that make you worse aren't cheap.

Never had a lesson with Carl, but never heard anything but positive reviews about him so you should be fine.

The other alternative might be Ed Solomons who I have had lessons with and can highly recommend.

From my own experience the important thing is to have some to get you on the right tracks.....relentlessly putting lead down the pipes is not th best thing to do if you're not sure about your technique in the first place.

All the best,

I've used Ed Solomons.

He has worked with me for the last two years.

I would recommend him very highly.

His calm coaching always helps me improve after every session.

Carl is a top chap, he understood I had been shooting 30 odd years, and was stuck in my ways to a certain degree

, he made a huge difference in the few hours I was there, he didn't totally change the way I shoot, just made me think differently, I'm going to have a lesson with Mr solomons in the new year also,and another lesson from carl I have seen them both shoot a lot, and there are things I know I can learn from both, carl did a good deal as two of us of a similar standard, shared the lesson

Another vote for Carl here.

However, as I recall you're still quite new to shooting, so you might also consider John Timmings at Three Lakes Gun Club over near Redditch (not too far for you)

Both are excellent, I would say Carl will take you a lot further whereas John might be a good starter coach. PM me if you want John's contact number, Carl has a fully fledged website. 

Had a couple of lessons with Ed, he was excellent. Heard lots of good stuff about Carl, my mother-in-law has lessons wth him regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my first lesson with Ed after shooting for a couple of months and having a very frustrating experience.

Can't recommend him highly enough, my wife and I have lessons with him - everytime beforehand we're going 'do we need a lesson' - everytime after, chattering about all we've learned and plan the next one.

Just explains thing in a logical way, and I always see big improvements.

My 15 year old daughter is just starting, and she loved her first lesson too - so the appeal spans the generations!

I'm sure there are other good instructors out there, but I do echo - pay more and have less lessons if it comes to it, it'll get you further - faster

P

Latest posts

Back