Jocker again.............

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like A J Smith said! The worst cartridge in the World is more consistent than the best shot in the World!

Most of my kills are probably from deformed pellets/flyers.

I bought another 1000 on Monday for £169 in Derbyshire.   Never had a problem with them.

I have to say I have used them to good effect in fact ever bit as good as shooting Clever T3s but there is no doubt the cartridges have issues. For example the wad falls to bit on firing which make you wonder... but I have had a couple of  UT straights with them. When I opened the ones I had the shot looked every bit as perfect as a Clever T3 I opened to compare with... I do not think I would be happy with badly deformed shot like that shown ... but it does make you wonder if it makes any difference to real world performance of the cartridge ? As has been pointed out people shoot far less consistently than the cartridges they use.

edit

I have to ask though would these cartridges pass muster in a FISASC or ISSF competition? They have strict rules on pellet size. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The rfd where I buy my cartridges are pretty good on prices so I wouldn't buy jokers anyway. I only had them because they were part of a deal. I had read about them being reclaimed shot so I was curious to see what lurked inside.

Could it be possible for muck and stonefrom the ground to get into these cartridges if they are using recycled shot

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The rfd where I buy my cartridges are pretty good on prices so I wouldn't buy jokers anyway. I only had them because they were part of a deal. I had read about them being reclaimed shot so I was curious to see what lurked inside.

Could it be possible for muck and stonefrom the ground to get into these cartridges if they are using recycled shot

Really doubt that, reclaimed means "used shot" not grabbed straight off the ground, :D there must be a fair amount of sifting, cleaning and sorting into various sizes. I have to say the few boxes I used a couple of years ago didn't struggle too much although it was immediately obvious that manufacturing costs had been kept to the bare minimum. 

The cartridges they distribute down here must be different to the ones you are getting in the UK. I , and others , have opened Jocker cartridges and the shot has been perfect. My gripe with them is the wads they use they are very flimsy and fall apart when the cup leaves the barrel. Jocker cartridges are cheap in the scheme of things but not that much cheaper than other budget cartridges available down here if they were using shoddy materials they would not be selling.

If they are using reclaimed shot,wouldn't that make them a reload? Im pretty sure reloads arnt aloud in competition .

Split open a jocker to have a look and these are my findings. The wad had been pressed in and folded over on itself so the shot wasnt actually sitting in the cup.
6f11a88cd0de0db512795360d677f706.jpg
1cde0686e935e5cb50b484b5a86db982.jpg
cea63ed48970d85843d70dc16f045813.jpg
b1f4593d597c2a05abac0c7d7d609b4d.jpg
73dbfcf6713a4d2206f50acc215fa6fd.jpg

I could show you an Eley Gold DTL at £60 per 1000 more expensive, that the crimp was folded in and contained no shot at all. A DEFINITE recipe for disaster  ??

The shot was deformed and of different sizes... well worth the money

A few months ago and again following the cartridge review in a magazine which stated the shot was recovered/recycled I have opened up a 24g/7.5, 28g/7.5, a  28g/8 and a Flash 24g/7.5. As Jasper noted the shot in all looked fine to me, the only complaint is... I wasted four cartridges just to look at the shot! ?

A few months ago and again following the cartridge review in a magazine which stated the shot was recovered/recycled I have opened up a 24g/7.5, 28g/7.5, a  28g/8 and a Flash 24g/7.5. As Jasper noted the shot in all looked fine to me, the only complaint is... I wasted four cartridges just to look at the shot! ?
I have always been inquisitive but i guess i must be to tight ;)

I have always been inquisitive but i guess i must be to tight ;)
I am aware of you being tight when you was in the pub and the landlady put up a sign ( Pie & Sex £1.50 ) and you asked how much is it just for the pie !!!

As I said earlier you can buy quite a few makes of cartridge that are very nearly the same price as Jocker... why would you buy a brand that used second rate shot? I am certain they don't use reclaimed shot in the carts distributed down here nobody would use them.

Latest posts

Back