Helice,, zz,

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SC Helice National Championship over two rounds, a la champions league?
If people can travel down to A1 from around Rugby and places north, the least we southerners can do is travel up there for another go. Do we need visas for that part of the world?
April 1st works for me, fool or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having watched some videos on youfacetubebook on the subject, it looks epic!

Count me in for a bash at the inaugeral:

The ShootClay Helice National Championship 2015
A1 Shooting Ground
Not Rugby
April 1st 2015

The ShootClay Helice National Championship 2015
A1 Shooting Ground
Not Rugby
April 1st 2015

Or...if we invite jwpzx9r ....

The ShootClay Helice International Championship 2015
A1 Shooting Ground
Not Rugby, coz its twice as far from Kent
April 1st 2015

Can someone explain, what distance is it that your chances become "F*CKED" and do you get extra points by shooting from this distance?

Jim%20Newman%20ZZ.JPG

I'd be well up for this so make it as northern friendly as possible please..

Fixed distance in internationals at the minute is 26m to the traps and 21m traps to fence......so dont hang around. 

In shootoff you go back when you pass 30m and you are still in the shoot off you stand on one leg and shoot one handed Fitasc gun down style.

I prefer being further back :wink:

" Skeet UK "

Why not Rugby ? Easy travelling ! centre of the Known Universe ! !

Yes it is expensive (or certainly feels that way). Yes there is quite a bit of waiting around between times on the shooting peg, although that definitely seems to have improved with double layouts.

But apart from that, everybody should try this fantastic discipline at least once during their shooting life. I have shot it a few times now, and would definitely have done more this year if dates hadn't always clashed with other priorities.

It is a fantastically exciting discipline and not only to shoot, but also very watchable as well since every target is different and there is, without doubt, a considerable amount of luck involved in which traps get released and which direction the target happens to fly. You could get three almost identical "sitters", or three absolute snorters requiring the accuracy and speed of movement that would put a Cobra strike to shame.

Don't try to over think it to make it something it isn't. The discipline is what it is, and if you go with the right relaxed mindset that you are only going to shoot about 20 targets over a four hour period, then I would almost guarantee that you will love the challenge of it. That's not to say there is no room for change. Personally I would like to see it changed to a 25 target discipline, with competitors shooting 5 lots of 5 x targets. Yes I know that would mean that each shooter would know which trap the last bird is coming from but, trust me, that will NOT guarantee a successful strike.

As has been said previously, I have also found the regular shooters of this discipline to be very friendly and helpful. If you get the chance then do go to a "have a go" day. It is usually quite a bit cheaper than competition charges, but I would be surprised if it didn't give you enough of a buzz to at least consider a try for your County Championship !

A couple of pics attached of TinkerBell in action, and our glorious leader Matt taking on a nasty low skimmer heading straight for the fence, at A1.

Try it before you knock it  :beach:

post-333-0-89506700-1414672578.jpg

post-333-0-59426300-1414672591.jpg

Attachments

• P1000464.jpg
    P1000464.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 0
  • P1000475.jpg
    P1000475.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 0
please invite me too!!

looks like a lot of fun, and I will try this sometime,, but for me to get to A1 or rugby is 3 hours at best, may be (m25) as long as 5 hours !I will watch this with interest,,,,,

Back