Helice

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philpot

Can anyone advise if there are any grounds in the North that shoot Helice. I have shot it many many years ago when it was called ZZ but have no idea if shot nowadays up here.

Phil

Not many grounds that I know of up north or in the midlands, as 40UP says that's the only one I know of as most are around the M25. I have only started shooting it this year.

Nicola will be the best person to advise or have a look on the BICTSF site here: http://www.bictsf.com/

Cheers,

Jon.

Rugby is the furthest north. A great crowd of people turn up there so you would be welcome anytime if you can get to one of their competitions.

Phil there are only 4 grounds at the minute that shoot Helice.

Rugby and District Trap Club, website above.

A1Shooting Ground - Borehamwood North London, - see website for dates for practice or competition www.a1sg.co.uk

Invicta - Kent (only certain Sundays)

West Kent Shooting School - (only certain Wednesdays)

If you ever fancy trying it let me know (email on my profile page) and we can meet up at the shoot.

Thank you Nicola, My wife, Tricia and myself may very well take you up on that a little nearer to the summer. I have just been looking at some youtube footage of Helice which did look very entertaining. I seem to recall that it used to be shot with 32 or 36grm cartridges many years ago, is that still the case or are we down to 24grm as well.

Phil

Seconded - I was sceptical, but Nicola coaxed me into having a go at Helice, I loved it - have had a couple of goes now and will be back again as soon as I get a chance. Great fun, a completely different discipline with it's own set of challenges.

Let me know when you meet up to have a go - I'll join in.

Phil it is now down to 28 grms.

You are welcome anytime. We can make it a shootclay meet up for all those who are vocal about it and yet have never shot it.

We can have a pool. Anyone can win at this game. Watch out for Matt though, he is handy!!

Just looked for the Oxon helice county date, its 2 weeks tomorrow :( I shall be on a plane to Kos before the prize giving :) Cant believe I actually tried to work out wether I could get shot and still make it to Stanstead in time to go on holiday :.:

Phil it is now down to 28 grms.

You are welcome anytime. We can make it a shootclay meet up for all those who are vocal about it and yet have never shot it.

We can have a pool. Anyone can win at this game. Watch out for Matt though, he is handy!!
Nic .. am i allowed to use a semi-auto at helice ?? is so ill be up for trying it sometime .. if not ill have to wait till i get a new trap gun (coming …)

Last edited by a moderator:
All are most welcome and yes you can use an auto.......safely.

Unlike other forms of trap.....you are 'Mano a mano' out there...... With every one else stood behind you like all great social gatherings.

Only for the brave mind........you have to be able 'to bear' missing...........no prima donnas in this game because trust me........you will miss.....we all do.

But there is no shame in missing at this game. It is the toughest out there!!!

Even Georgeous only did a 15/20 recently at the selection shoot.........and who would think that George would drop 5 out of 20.

Only for the brave!!!!!!

(laughsoutloudwithdeadbattery)

Nic missing has never been an issue ... I can miss with the best of them .

If u want meet at west Kent for a round sometime m8 I'll be up for it
Sorry jinxy, but West Kent is only shot on selection shoot days (about 3 times a year maximum). It is a 2hr plus drive for me.

If you want to join me to have a go it will have to be A1 shooting ground (which the only ground that has pay and play practice on 2 Wednesday's a month plus one Saturday per month) or Rugby and District Trap Club on some Sundays or Saturdays. See both their websites for dates. Both are very friendly clubs.

If u want meet at west Kent for a round sometime m8 I'll be up for it
West Kent is a pain for me as its only open during the week and I work in London mon-fri, and dont get back to Ashford until 7:39! I'm off for a couple of weeks next month, so could meet up then for a non-helice shoot at west Kent! Are you in Kent?

Sorry for hijacking this thread a bit!

Nic .. A1 would be great hun .. Tech guy I'm south London so virtually Kent .

Back