Helice,, zz,

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt, does the organiser get to nominate which nation the championship is for? Kidding.
Sadly, I can imagine a shooting ground would want more than 5 or 6 warm bodies...

I'm kidding as well, of course. 

I'd give your chosen ground a tinkle, and ask if they would put on a forum session for interested parties - I'd imagine they have a magic number that would make it worthwhile to spin up the Helice machines. 

The A1 SG did a 'have a go' day for Pigeon Watch members last year and I think about 20 members turned up to try it.

Rugby CTC at Crick just off Junction 18 of the M1 might do it.

What 40up said a great bunch and totally different to anything I have shot. You get applaud and congrats after a good shot which is novel.

don't anyone knock it till you try it

I believe the Helice season has ended @ A1 - will resume in the spring. Lots of fun btw!

For those of us who live 'oop North' was talking to Mike at Kelbrook, who has recently shown an interest in this ZZ thingy, who knows where that could lead ? Just not sure how you could mark out the course on water !

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of us who live 'oop North' was talking to Mike at Kelbrook, who has recently shown an interest in this ZZ thingy, who knows where that could lead ? Just not sure how you could mark out the course on water !
It was mentioned about six years ago to me, but where would they put the layout?

Wet suit required to load traps at Kelbrook.

Forum session for interested parties , why not contact John Nightingale @ Rugby & District Trap Club & ask ?

I spoke with Teresa at A1 this morning.
Their Helice season runs March through September/October, and they would be happy to put on a day for us next year. She asked that it be mid-week, that we give as much notice as possible, and that we field at least 6 people to warrant closing it off from other shooters while we're there if we want a private event. Costs tbc if we go forward.
Anyone interested in seeing this go forward, or is Rugby a more convenient venue? Or do we keep to the ethos of another forum I frequent and go for both? :p

Back