Have county shoots had their day

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
post-359-141193943878.jpg

I think county shoots are great.
I'm Northants county sportrap champ!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411939431.298269.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411939431.298269.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 0
Cash is transient, having you name on a shield or cup lasts for years, long after the cash has been passed down the drain or fired down the range.

We start shooting at 9am prompt with last entries at 2pm....... with nearly 300 shooters competing there will be a few queues, the event finished with all the prize giving just about 5pm......

Next weekend is the National I/C and will be shot over 13 stands......... See you there !!
I went to High Lodge yesterday, paid an eye watering (to me) £39 for 100 birds, shot in a squad of seven so it took some time to complete.  I most likely finished last.  It will probably be the last sporting comp I do, I'll just stick to All Round comps from now on as I enjoy them considerably more.

Berkshire are so desperate that I am in the team for this weekend at Barrow ESP Intercounties.  :hunter:   :biggrin:

GLN ladies are so desperate I am in the team.
I only get in these teams because of the state of ladies' shooting :) I don't care. I was better than some people. I won my place fair and square even if our County winner had decided to shoot it, and if it never happens again so be it. I have a nice vest and I can  say that I represented my County at a national level. 

Now show me what the C class bloke won !
The C class bloke didn't WIN anything, so probably got fook all. Second place is first loser. This is getting like schools who are not allowed to mark wrong answers in red and everyone gets a prize on sports day. If you want the cash, trophy and the recognition, improve and win them. The only thing a c class shooter should aim to be winning is entry into b class come the next classification.

The C class bloke didn't WIN anything, so probably got fook all. Second place is first loser. This is getting like schools who are not allowed to mark wrong answers in red and everyone gets a prize on sports day. If you want the cash, trophy and the recognition, improve and win them. The only thing a c class shooter should aim to be winning is entry into b class come the next classification.
What a pathetic remark from a big head keyboard warrior I suppose you are AA clas in all disciplines I have much admiration for the lower class shooter it's them who need the incourigmeent in the sport to keep the shoots viable

Why make such a derogatory comment

Deershooter

What a pathetic remark from a big head keyboard warrior I suppose you are AA clas in all disciplines I have much admiration for the lower class shooter it's them who need the incourigmeent in the sport to keep the shoots viable

Deershooter
A class in DTL and S/B, B class sporting and D class UT and OT. I dont expect to win anything unless I have shot more than anyone else. In DTL comps I have got high gun on several occasions and won nothing, but that's not why I enter. I like to shoot and I want to grow and develop as a shooter. Why is that so hard for people to understand. Why not advocate sponsorship deals for c class shooters to encourage them ?

Go shooting to enjoy it, not because you expect a financial return. The green eyed monster is lurking.

Iain

Never had you down as 'a big head keyboard warrior' but you live and learn :)

You are of course absolutely right. Shoot to win because winning is everything. Win your class and you have beaten everyone else in your class. Aim to move up a class each classification period and then go about beating everyone in that class. Eventually you will be in the top class and target beating them as well.

If you win a bit of cash or even better a trophy on the way then well done to you.

DT

Deershooter
Keyboard warrior? Pot, kettle and black spring to mind. All you seem to do is slag off Lincolnshire without actually going to an event. To the point where they have banned you from their Facebook page hence your posts on here.

The bit I don't like is having to give back my cup next year after I've paid to have it engraved, shame we can't have a new trophy every year.......but that';s life I guess! All part of the game!!!!! :biggrin:

The best statement i have ever heard said which imo sums up competitive shooting and the correct mind set all in one was from 40up

"shoot the best you can then at the end someone tells you if you have won or not"

Wise words imo.

Ps- hope you don't mind my plagiarism Mr 40up sir.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best statement i have ever heard said which imo sums up competitive shooting and the correct mind set all in one was from 40up

"shoot the best you can then at the end someone tells you if you have won or not"

Wise words imo.

Ps- hope you don't mind my plagiarism Mr 40up sir.
Yep........I guess Fred is right.......in fact he's always right Ian......he is indeed the oracle!!!

The only person you need to beat is yourself and your own expectations. I don't care who has scored more than me as long as I feel I have done myself proud and shot to the best of my abilities. I would love to wear a Lincolnshire vest and shoot for my county but I just can't commit enough time to achieving it, so in the mean time I shall just enjoy shooting whenever I can as best as I can.

Back