Gun reviews on youtube

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor show by Edgar brothers then because as distributors they'd certainly have the reach. They're big in the rifle shooting world. 
Exactly. Shotguns are a small part of their portfolio.

There's no simple answer for companies such as Zoli. Like several other smaller shotgun makers they aren't big enough at this point to either fund a dedicated distributor or be a major contributor in a multi product distributor.

It takes serious financial backing to do what CG did here and even more so in the USA where they opened their own subsidiary, and whilst it eventually paid off for them it wasn't a quick process.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't fault CG for the back up they give in the UK, which makes Browning look very poor in comparison having owned both

You can't fault CG for the back up they give in the UK, which makes Browning look very poor in comparison having owned both
I’ve seen quite a few CG’s over the years and I’ve used a couple, they look nice and seem to shoot well. But I’m a bit of an old stick in the mud, so never chanced buying one. Like a lot of people, I tend to stick with what I know. 

I’ve shot a Zoli Z Sport a few times and to be honest liked it a lot.

Nice stock, shot well - had a really nice balance, nice combination of speed but also a bit of stability, so it stayed where you put it.

BUT as Lloyd summed up - I didn’t buy it because of the chance of resale, buy new and you’re saying goodbye to an awful lot of money when you walk out the shop. Ok, you can buy used - but there aren’t that many about, and although you won’t lose so much money - it will be a nightmare if you ever need to move it on.

It’s a real shame because, personally, I preferred it to shooting a CG in terms of how it felt to me (purely personal preference) - but given the chance of a new Zoli or a used Perazzi - I plumped for the latter

8 hours ago, Lloyd Pattison said:

Lloyd, how are the birds scored?  Do the more difficult ones have a higher score value?

Great video,by the way. Well filmed.

Steve.

Yes, well filmed. Enjoyed that a lot. I often watch skeet finals on YouTube but this was way better filmed!

21 hours ago, Lloyd Pattison said:

Brilliant work on this Lloyd, superb coverage and very good entertainment. The governing bodies need to take note of this format of shoot and the coverage you have done.

I made the mistake of trying to watch it on my phone and struggled a bit, put it on a bigger TV or monitor and its a whole different ball game and looks superb 👍

Brilliant work on this Lloyd, superb coverage and very good entertainment. The governing bodies need to take note of this format of shoot and the coverage you have done.

I made the mistake of trying to watch it on my phone and struggled a bit, put it on a bigger TV or monitor and its a whole different ball game and looks superb 👍
Cheers man, I got a mate of mine to help me out so we had 4 cams and 3 mics running, we wanted to try and make it as much like a proper televised sporting event as possible within the limits of what we can afford to do. Some lessons learned for next year and some mistakes were made, 1 camera and one of the mics failed (or one of us forgot to turn it on 🙈) during the event, but I am very pleased you enjoyed it.

Thanks for all the reviews, very worthwhile watching

I was thinking hard about the 525 SL but was not sure about how tough the laminate would be for dings and scratches. 

I've already seen one quite new SL with scratches on the stock.  Although a very good gun I decided not to buy one in the end as I am a little OCD and keeping the gun looking good.

Latest posts

Back