GMP SGC grant update

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john39

Hi all,

I just thought I'd share the information that I've just received regarding shotgun certificate grants from GMP.

I rang them enquiring about my application I put in around August and I was told that they've only just started Februarys applications. The website says they've been accepting grants for a while now and she said they've been accepting them but not processing them which I find a little misleading.

I thought I'd put this up for anyone who might have an application in or was thinking about it, you've still got a very long wait!

To be fair to the licensing authorities, their first priority at this time should be to keep on top of renewals and administering records of sales and purchases and variations so that holders stay legal  .  Like ever other business they will have had to organise their workspace and ensure that their enquiry officers have a safe system of work . They’ll have had staff self isolating , shielding etc . They are probably accepting applications so that they can plan forward rather than getting a thousand at once if they suspended and restarted applications. 

On the positive side in the GMP area there are loads of places you can shoot clays  without holding a certificate , especially if you’ve got mates  who are already shooting. 

Stick it out it will be worth it in the end ! 

Hi all,

I just thought I'd share the information that I've just received regarding shotgun certificate grants from GMP.

I rang them enquiring about my application I put in around August and I was told that they've only just started Februarys applications. The website says they've been accepting grants for a while now and she said they've been accepting them but not processing them which I find a little misleading.

I thought I'd put this up for anyone who might have an application in or was thinking about it, you've still got a very long wait!
I was told exactly the same and that I “Shouldn’t expect a grant anytime soon”.
A pal, a fellow October applicant, was told to prepare for a wait of around 14 months, due to the backlog, staff shortages and delays to home visits.

Ah well, it is what it is.

Back