Met Police Shotgun Cert Grant

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*Most* FEOs are not actually working out of a police station nowadays. A lot are not even police officers, but rather were previously, or ex forces, working as civilians for the police. Most also work from home, simply accessing the databases for the paperwork.

The delay is purely down to the home visits... and like it or not, they have to comply with the restrictions also. So yes, the police CAN enter your house, if needed (i.e. an emergency), but most will consider a new SGC grant as non-critical. They have been working on backlogs as much as possible, clearing the renewals (most of which do not need a home visit prior).

I think you’ll find that they start up again pretty soon, with the latest easing of restrictions.

And don’t go by the web sites... the FEOs are pretty good generally speaking, and you’ll soon get the call to arrange the visit! Just because a web site says “not accepting new grants” doesn’t mean they are not working on the ones they have, checking GP records and ‘intelligence’ etc.

Fingers crossed for you all 🤞
I put in my renewal (Kent) and had a letter stating it would be months before they got round to me and to keep the copy of my old certificate with the letter they’d sent me just in case etc.  I then had a phone call from the officer stating as he’d been to our house 6 months previously to check all ok as we’d just moved he was quite happy with an informal chat on the phone and a week later got my new certificate.  Fingers crossed for you. 

I put in my renewal (Kent) and had a letter stating it would be months before they got round to me and to keep the copy of my old certificate with the letter they’d sent me just in case etc.  I then had a phone call from the officer stating as he’d been to our house 6 months previously to check all ok as we’d just moved he was quite happy with an informal chat on the phone and a week later got my new certificate.  Fingers crossed for you. 
Result!

... was it a guy called Mark?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a renewal done over the phone 8 months ago, had a visit two days ago to look at security, the phone call from Lancashire Police did go into depth !

...so, what gun are you going to get?!!?

(And don’t ask which one is best for you on here 😂)
Well there's the question - I've tried a Perazzi MX12, Beretta 694 and DT11.

My original plan was the 694, and I liked it - but compared to the Perazzi and DT (really not fair I know), I just didn't like it that much. So my plan was a used DT11 or maybe a used DT10, since I'd really be wanting to pay nearer 5k than 6k+ if that makes sense.

BUT

This weekend I had a lesson and shot a Silver Pigeon, it slapped the crap out of my face (comb way too low), but in terms of broken targets - I shot the best I've ever done, so I'm now torn between getting a new 694 (on the theory there wasn't much wrong with it, it's just unfair to compare to much higher priced guns) and saving the money for shells/lessons/life.

Or hold out for a DT or Perazzi - I've always loved the idea of Perazzi, but haven't really shot them a lot to be honest.

In the past I had a Blaser F3, which I didn't enjoy as much as I thought I was with hindsight. Just felt dead to me.

Next step is to have a gun fitting session at Holland and Holland, from that I'll know my stock measurements (I'm quite a big unit) and will take it from there.

All advice welcome!

... The one that fits you best... body and budget!

I have my eye on upgrading to a 694 (currently have a nice 686E), but I can’t justify the cost at present... it won’t make me a better shot, and my current gun is perfectly fine in both fit and feel. But I’d really like one!

Just for info, I’m told Kent Police are now accepting new grant applications again.
Sadly, Gloucestershire Police still have the same holding message on their website and are not accepting any new applications.

It may actually be quicker for me to move to Kent.... 

Sadly, Gloucestershire Police still have the same holding message on their website and are not accepting any new applications.

It may actually be quicker for me to move to Kent.... 
😂😂😂

I just this minute checked Kent... they are still accepting new grants, but online only.

Get the removal van booked!

Back