GB SELETION SHOOTS NO PRIZE MONEY THIS YEAR?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aside from mental condition, it really isnt about whether you `lose` £50 on the day, its about the annual average. If you shoot 50 times a year, you will put around £250 `stake money` in to the competitions. If you can win back more than that then it adds up.

Having said that, to make a small criticism of Weston Wood (of which I am a big fan otherwise), they pay out good money, but it is spread over few winners. I have been there with 60 A class entries, so paying to only third place seems a bit rough / bad odds. This is compounded by the fact that with 60 class entries, there will be a lot of talented folk there. Most grounds pay to third place with 10 entries, while Weston pay well, but like to splash it all on the winner. I have beaten 50 A class shooters and not placed in the money. It just means that the odds are long, so I tend to go B/O there.

I more than recover my competion entry on balance elsewhere. That is the system and we have a choice of how we play it.

CSC3

I rarely shoot practice grounds as I just can't get the same rush from straighting a practice stand as one with some element of competition at least. Based on this I've never begrudged the consistent performers for picking up prizes. The tension of competition promotes improvement in ways practice alone never could.

Agreed, a practice round is of about 10% interest to me, unless to work on a particular problem target.

Back