free speech

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just realised, knowing about things such as "Bias" makes me sound like a man of a certain persuasion :)
A Referee at a Manchester United Football match?  :biggrin: (Although not a recent game!!)

Sloppy, I'm from Wiltshire!  If you're going to insult me, then at least make an attempt at geographic accuracy!

(am I right in thinking Shropshire is in England because the Welsh didn't want it?) 

Sadly Shrewsbury once was the capital of Wales, Oswestry was once in Wales.Craven Arms was the Gateway to Wales.

What is a Ewe called in Wales? A Leisure Centre. 

I don't like scruffy dressed anything :)

I had the misfortune of visiting my GP earlier in the week (nothing serious so don't panic) oh my word, the sights you see, I will say no more.
Know what you mean Ian my GP is just as bad Puse brown jumbo cords and an old herringbone tweed jacket with suede elbow patches :spiteful:   :laugh:   

Oh I get it you meant the waiting room crowd all wearing jeans!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming that onesie you were wearing in Tesco the other day is the new one.  How the other half live eh.. :haha:
I presume you mean that pink one with "Doris" embroidered on the breast pocket?

Gene:-

We are quite happy for you to have an opinion on how a term may have diversified in use, but we would prefer that on this particular occasion; you did not air it on this forum.
You just have to be a little careful about what you put down in writing. Hamsters post was fine, but your retort was "less so".
Not wishing to be "on your case" at all and I hope you don't mind too much.
Cheers,

Skeet UK
I don't think I was being particularly offensive with my post and to be fair I think you may have fallen into the exact PC trap that is the cause of so many people who feel offended at just about everything.
Buy hey ho

Skeet was politely saying that you had overstepped the mark! We had a complaint about your post! You might not have been particularly offensive but you were offensive as far as some were concerned so please take the hint!

Oh I hate unidentified complaint makers....it is such a weak character flaw in my humble opinion.

Note I am not taking any side....but it is like a tea totaller not liking the whisky you are drinking in front of them.....

Or an anti game shooting clay shooter being prissie about a game shooters great day out.

People have different ways of expressing themselves and others have different levels of being shock 'horrored'....

It makes me giggle when I see people complain (about me or others) .....they have obviously led a sheltered life.

I am not sure here what poor old Gene has actually done wrong??

Gene, You have a black spot on you because you dare to be "not politically correct" now its public! go sit on the naughty step! :fie:  

For the record i have never complained to admin or mods about anyone i prefer to make my point publicly.

Remember the original point to this post was only about personal insults made purely to offend not about how posts may be misinterpreted or not pc

just so were clear.

For the record i have never complained to admin or mods about anyone i prefer to make my point publicly.

Remember the original point to this post was only about personal insults made purely to offend not about how posts may be misinterpreted or not pc

just so were clear.
Complaint winging its way to admin ... where is the smiley at the end of the above post?

just so were clear.
I would never have you down as a complainer IPS, you are a favourite...(well of mine anyway...along with 40UP).....Oh dear....hope I have not scuppered you by association (on a forum) now :wink:

My post was really about people (unknown....who might not even be shooters at all) ....who do not understand, know or even like some forum members.....allegedly ....(who they have never met but who they think are possibly outspoken or in fact have too strong an opinion for their liking even if it is based on years of experience and even if they (the complainer) might have only just taken up shooting last week or not)......and who may not get any joke or excited discussion between other member /friends they have known for years etc....because they (the new ones) do not know that these people are friends......and who then complain to Matt because it (whatever it is) is offensive to them (whoever they are).

Are you still with me ??

It is just slightly irritating for longstanding forum members.....but I am sure we will all live.

It is only a game after all and there are lots of different opinions on how it should be played and there are lots of types of players involved. everyone is due their opinion whether it is liked or not. We do not have to like everything that is said because we are all different. Some play harder than others....that is life.....And there is really no need for any class monitor to whisper to the headmaster,

Last edited:
I don't think I was being particularly offensive with my post and to be fair I think you may have fallen into the exact PC trap that is the cause of so many people who feel offended at just about everything.Buy hey ho
It's all good. :) I'm not suggesting your opinion is right, wrong or anything in between. All I am saying, is that it's not "ideal" for this (public) Forum, that Mr Rutherford is responsible for. None of us would want to cause grief for Matt, would we?

TinkerBell: Yes I agree, that those who take issue, could perhaps find the courage to politely mention their objection...as most seem to be able to do. They may then be able to put their thoughts across. . .

Gene, You have a black spot on you because you dare to be "not politically correct" now its public! go sit on the naughty step! :fie:
Never been a fan of PC and I'm to old to change now.
If someone doesn't like me or my opinions that their problem , not mine.
Everyone has a right to their opinion, and if you don't like it, you have the right to ignore it.

Latest posts

Back