footwear

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure about shooting shoes but I know I need a kick up the arse :unsure:

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
I have bought the reebok power lift and i can say they are amazing. Flat sole provides great stability and the heel supports a better balance. They are also quite comfortable

Well after a bit of humming and hawing I have bought a pair of those Adiddas powerlifting shoes. I have not actually shot with them on yet but tried them on and one word comes to mind "planted" Greg will get my drift as its a biking term. I can't wait to try them out in training on Saturday and then in comp on Sunday but you do feel so steady on you feet with them on it like you are anchored to the ground!

Footwear, for the love of all things holley have we not all got enough to consider. If a pair of shoes puts targets on your score sheet I will eat my slippers

Do you want sauce with those?

Actually I saw a few pairs of these at Beverley at the weekend, including the high gun (I think?). Maybe something in it??

I'd be happier if the grounds ensured the concrete was actually flat under the rubber mats!!

DT

No mate I will eat raw :)

I agree with that last sentiment, very off putting when your not level BUT shoes sold specifically as "shooting shoes" aint gonna help imo.

PS

will reply to pm later when I have more time :wink:

Ian very much each to the own... but I disagree with you. I do actually think a well fitting pair of shoes which place your feet totally solidly in contact with the concrete platform will be a positive addition to your shooting. Last week I could actually feel my body moving because my feet were not stable. Anything that makes you think of anything other than the target is going to lose you targets. I was wearing a pair of trekking shoes.. they are made for ...trekking. This weekend I will be wearing weightlifting shoes which are made to make your feet stay exactly where they are without movement. I don't know about other shooters but the only movement I want when shooting comes from rotating my torso I want my feet to stay absolutely where they are from the start of my setup until I pull the trigger.

I ensure I always wear me lucky socks and dress to the right, otherwise it plays havoc with me scores ?

No mate I will eat raw :)

I agree with that last sentiment, very off putting when your not level BUT shoes sold specifically as "shooting shoes" aint gonna help imo.

PS

will reply to pm later when I have more time :wink:
When I say flat I mean even, although level is also good. There are couple of layouts (at Nutty and at Rugby) where the concrete is breaking up under the mat so your feet are not flat i.e. partially standing in a hole. I end up shuffling till I find a flat bit, usually at the back of the mat.

DT

I ensure I always wear me lucky socks and dress to the right, otherwise it plays havoc with me scores ?
I can relate to the lucky socks even tho they are not in my collection of required mojo for shooting.  As for the dressing right, I have to tell you quite honestly that if you're not properly supported you'll never make the OT podium.  The ubiquitous athletic weasel squeezers are clearly the true path.

well Mr wonko my learned friend I was talking gold lame budgie smugglers but whatever keeps you intact will put targets on your card that's for sure...... Now were did I put my "shooting specific" thong the one with the "i ❤ clay shooting logo"

shooting specific footwear, whatever will the marketing boys think of next to get our gullible pound / dollar.

Mr wonko

you may recall a similar item from your fencing days, they were in effect squash trainers as in flat sole BUT as they were "fencing specific" they were four times the price. As a tight arse northern chap i chose the squash shoe and be dammed.

shooting specific footwear, whatever will the marketing boys think of next to get our gullible pound / dollar.
Being pedantic they are not 'shooting specific footwear'. They are actually weight lifting (powerlifting specific) shoes.

DT

Back