footwear

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd need written proof that trainers add at least 1 bird per round to even consider them. 
You should have worn them Sunday and found out for yourself.

"Hamid beats GD by one clay with 100 straight ESP"

:cool:

I thought most trap shooters wore these: 
41h6KdcWkgL._SY395_.jpg

Anything that has a flat sole and is broad across the toe area is fine. I like Merrill's but principally because they're good quality rather than anything else.
What size does Merrill take though ?  

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's muddy I wear wellies, if cold boots, if dry brogues, I'd need written proof that trainers add at least 1 bird per round to even consider them. 
I hate training shoes ..... There on the list don't ya know.

I hate training shoes ..... There on the list don't ya know.
Yep......on my list too! Along with trackies and them trousers that are not trousers and not shorts! Then, also on the list are sandals, especially when worn with socks!

do you know what I really hate .... Those outdoor trousers were the bottom third zip out to make the type you refer to as shorts that aren't shorts

also hate

football shirts

rugby shirts

tatoos on the calf ... Wtf

tatoos

blokes walking around with no shirt on

blokes who work out and wear shirts to small so they look bigger than they are

I could go on and on about orrible clothing but you get the idea.

do you know what I really hate .... Those outdoor trousers were the bottom third zip out to make the type you refer to as shorts that aren't shorts

also hate

football shirts

rugby shirts

tatoos on the calf ... Wtf

tatoos

blokes walking around with no shirt on

blokes who work out and wear shirts to small so they look bigger than they are

I could go on and on about orrible clothing but you get the idea.
I can sense a full blown ips list coming on!!

i'll wear whatever is the most comfortable....

last Saturday, that was a pair of white  DC skate shoes. wide fitting and flat bottom.

the only downside to this was the two lovely black rings that were left on the right shoe after resting the gun.... .

Yep......on my list too! Along with trackies and them trousers that are not trousers and not shorts! Then, also on the list are sandals, especially when worn with socks!
But shooting is a sport, therefore trainers are acceptable, surely?

TBH I wear what I find comfortable on the surface I will be standing on for hours, so if it were a trap layout, standing on concrete probably flip flops  :afro: , joking of course, it would be trainers, really muddy field wellies

Trainers v Sports shoes

Sports shoes are clean, smart, comfortable and acceptable in any circle

Trainers, (my definition)  Horrible looking things with big tongues, no laces, dreadful colours and funny strange soles, (usually accompanied by dog chain size jewellery, hoodies or back to front ball caps) as worn by the great unwashed.

At one time trainers were what we now know as sport shoes, usually worn by the tennis players etc, but always clean and smart, then things changed......

chavvy orrible things they are. I am a walking boots for shooting wellies for working the dog, deck shoes for general and smart propper shoes for formal dress kind of bloke. I don't play games and I am not fourteen so training shoes are out :)

ps

also I wasn't born yesterday so stupid priced trap shoes are also out :)

Last edited by a moderator:
some say les and I are opinionated. No idea why ;)

Back