Passive ear plug query

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1695211797358.png
I have these PELTOR LEP-200. - and find them fantastic ( block out ALL the crack from a 12B) and various volume levels available ( the green versions are just as good and much cheaper ) - the only variation is I use foam ear buds on the end - not the silicon ones which I find fairly uncomfortable ( I have short ish ear canals) - Highly recommend these an an in the ear option if you need volume assist ( to be fair the old cylindrical £M yellow foamies are actually very good if you dont a bit of muffling of external sound)

Another vote for MSA Sordin as the most comfortable over-ears. Those gel pads make all the difference.

Having said that, I use CFG moulded (electronic) plugs for Clay shooting. They’re excellent for sound isolation, and zero interference with my mount - physically or mentally! I previously used Emtec passive moulded plugs which were so good at isolating sound that I decided to pay the extra for electronic CFGs so that I didn’t need to keep popping them out to speak to my shooting buddies.
Apologies if this sounds patronising… but for moulded plugs it’s important to ensure you tuck the top sticky-out bit of the moulding into the small channel above your main ear hole. Perhaps not the most technical description but hopefully you know what I mean. I realised that I was missing this the first few times I used them and it made all the difference.

I still use the Emtec’s under the Sordins when shooting full-bore from a covered shooting point.

Are all these custom in ear passive plugs the same , or do some brands offer better value/quality/service ?

My old ones don’t seem to fit work work as well as they used to and need to get some more.

Internet brings up at least 6 suppliers

Are all these custom in ear passive plugs the same , or do some brands offer better value/quality/service ?

My old ones don’t seem to fit work work as well as they used to and need to get some more.

Internet brings up at least 6 suppliers
Ear plugs do need replacement . I’m on my 3rd set now , I forget the make , had the impressions taken at the Northern Shooting Show . I use them infrequently as a back up to my Sordin headset . the best performance and comfort I’ve had were Emtec NoiseBreakers . Wish I’d hung on a replaced like for like .

Back