footwear

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the rare occasions when I may have to shoot in less than perfect weather , I normally wear these, but not that colour. Yes a lot of town folk refer to such boots as pikey boots, however most in the country areas know them as dealer boots.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_41PoWHa9HtL__SY400_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't dislike trainers as such it's just that they're so at odds with most of the other clothes we tend to wear such as moleskins and winter coats, plus in ESP they would only ever be of much use in very dry weather. 

I think I wore my last pair when I was 18 and I wouldn't wish that style to make a come back in a hurry. 

To be fair, I only get to wear trainers shooting in very dry weather up here or when I travel down south...usually paired with "Golf"shorts

"golf shorts"

I would pass comment but I am too scared :)

I do seem to recall that Beretta did make a wedged shaped soled shoe they labelled a 'Shooting Shoe' some years ago. It was "specially designed" to place the weight forward over the front foot, when shooting. I use a system that involves drinking a hell of a lot of pints and eating some excellent 'clubhouse' breakfasts, in order to achieve the same result !!!     :ahappy:
Brilliant Westley!

I can now stop some of the fluffy rabbits at the club. 'I am carefully crafting my body to achieve the optimum centre of gravity for shooting excellence!'

I shoot in these...

Was that 'In them' or AT them! :)

as I suspected you look a big begger so I will reserve judgement on the shorts and the trainers :)

probably the recent show of very poor taste in footwear and ...... shorts......... I would think.

probably the recent show of very poor taste in footwear and ...... shorts......... I would think.
Ah yes......he's discovered the fact that this country actually has people with extreme tastes in clothing and footwear. Well we can at least try to add some good taste in shooting attire Ian, I think perhaps I should invest in a tweed shooting vest!!!

Well plenty to think about there thanks for the pointers. I reckon something with a flat and stiff sole should be on the list.

Ah yes......he's discovered the fact that this country actually has people with extreme tastes in clothing and footwear. Well we can at least try to add some good taste in shooting attire Ian, I think perhaps I should invest in a tweed shooting vest!!!
aha well I have a schoffel tweed shooting waistcoat already matey. :)

I got banned from wearing my trainers for shooting because although they are super comfy for walking and training, when I wear them I lift up my heel when I shoot due to the cushioning. I don't do that in my flat boots which are much less cushioned and allow me to put my foot completely flat on the floor. 

Back