footwear

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes otherwise we would duff him up no problem. :)

Oh dear!.....Its all getting out of hand now! Look if ips has a tweed vest.....I'm having one! End of!

What colour tweed goes with orange clays sweeties?

Ah.....a thought! Is it proper to shoot OT in tweed? Ips....thoughts please?

Ah.....a thought! Is it proper to shoot OT in tweed? Ips....thoughts please?
only with those tweedy knicker shorts that aren't shorts and boots but the fashion police would prolly be laughing too hard to cite you.  

And I too have a tweed shooting waistcoat but I'm very careful about actually being seen in it.  Likewise with the tweed shooting coats.

Well plenty to think about there thanks for the pointers. I reckon something with a flat and stiff sole should be on the list.
Stiff sole will be very tiring and not comfortable at all on any uneven surface unless it's a boot above the ankle. Makes the ankle and knee move in all sorts of maybe not good directions if the top is low cut.

JMO of course

I got banned from wearing my trainers for shooting because although they are super comfy for walking and training, when I wear them I lift up my heel when I shoot due to the cushioning. I don't do that in my flat boots which are much less cushioned and allow me to put my foot completely flat on the floor.
You must be the only Female, that having  'put her foot down'  allows it to lift again ???

On the rare occasions when I may have to shoot in less than perfect weather , I normally wear these, but not that colour. Yes a lot of town folk refer to such boots as pikey boots, however most in the country areas know them as dealer boots.

View attachment 5627
Round my neck of the woods we call them Chelsea boots. I have just bought a new pair for my shooting today (it is my birthday after all!) ;-)

image.jpg

Stiff sole will be very tiring and not comfortable at all on any uneven surface unless it's a boot above the ankle. Makes the ankle and knee move in all sorts of maybe not good directions if the top is low cut.

JMO of course
I do not recall her mentioning her top, just the boots.......................................and THAT was enough for my blood pressure to take !     :wub:

Chelsea boots?  Those things are looking on the gay side - - not that there is anything wrong with that.

I do not recall her mentioning her top, just the boots.......................................and THAT was enough for my blood pressure to take !     :wub:
Lucky you have the internet so you don't have to visit those special book dealers.   Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Ips......now these guys should simply not be allowed out!   :lol: 12936573_10208981664sandals.jpg

Well my trusty old deckies were looking pretty crap when I got them out of the cupboard after the winter (if it's over!). So just ordered some new ones! These................................

deck shoe.jpg

When you say gay, you mean FABULOUS! Right?
If you'd said, "Simply Fabulous, Darling!" then I'd think you were likely ..................  well, not that there is anything wrong with that

Well, the Chelsea boot is a very British design. 

Not as gay as these though....yeehaa!  ;-)

View attachment 5640
I'd never really thot that those kinda cowboy boots were necessarily gay but they do seem to be in incredibly poor taste.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.

If you'd said, "Simply Fabulous, Darling!" then I'd think you were likely ..................  well, not that there is anything wrong with that

I'd never really thot that those kinda cowboy boots were necessarily gay but they do seem to be in incredibly poor taste.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Very diplomatic Charlie! ?

I ve been hearing a lot about lifter shoes like the one below. But havent seen any pro wearing them

http://www.reebok.com/us/reebok-crossfit-lifter-plus-2.0/M43656.html

Anyone knows which nike model Alipov is wearing?

http://www.gettyimages.fr/detail/photo-d'actualité/alexey-alipov-of-russia-celebrates-as-he-wins-gold-photo-dactualité/477425238
I have, in the past, worn the lifting shoes. They are great so long as you get a decent pair. There are many different types and some have rigid rubber platforms while others have wood, mine had wood. The rubber ones tend to flex and can be spongy which isn't ideal, the solid ones are good as they lift your heel maybe a half inch or more which puts your weight on your toes/mid foot that little bit more. The other good point is that the sole is perfectly flat so there is constant contact with the ground. 

I have these ones:

098486-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back