First 100 straight DTL

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done you!! I am still trying to do 25 at UT will it ever happen?... the more I try the more unlikely it seems it is difficult to hit 25 so 100 straight targets at any discipline is, in my book, an amazing achievement and one that is probably only ever done by a few from the many hundreds of people who shoot the discipline.

Well done Snipey.

What ground did you shoot your hundred? I ask because I know you are from Exeter too and thought it might be local?
Yeah was local, it was Broadmoor (nr South Molten); only about 30 miles away. It is usually quite wind affected but it was a reasonably calm morning, wind started to pick up later.

Excellent result bet your very pleased, was it in a comp or practise?

My scores are going the wrong way........ And i have been to see Mr Stepney..... Might be time to take up tiddlywinks for me!
It was a registered DTL, but I shot birds only (ducks for cover)! There were 2 reasons I went birds-only:

- I was the only person on the squad as the other squads were full, didn't feel like upsetting the other squads by making a fuss. I know from skeet that sometime shooting on your own can be detrimental.

- I wanted to put some of the lessons I learnt at Bywell during British Open/Europeans) into practise.

Excellent result bet your very pleased, was it in a comp or practise?

My scores are going the wrong way........ And i have been to see Mr Stepney..... Might be time to take up tiddlywinks for me!

Really? I'm hoping he doesn't want to change my style/gun mount, just stop it pinching me. I have been told that I have a sporter mount, which is understandable as I have spent hours dry mounting when I was shooting skeet/sporting!

No it's me not the gun I think months of fitting me to gun (and resulting pain) has effected me. I've gone from 23/24 every round (almost) to embarrassing :( but I think I have croaked the issue (I had subconsciously changed my hold point and been shooting slower) just need to put it back into practise now!

Congrats, on your first 100. Its a great confidence booster, good luck, and good shooting for many more.

Back