Fiocchi

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 "So you go to Fiocchi.it and there is no such claim. But they are both 3%! So head scratching again."

Have a look at the Fiocchi website, the write up clearly states 5%.

webber
We know Fiocchi UK says 5% Webber, we're just saying for the 3rd time Fiocchi Italy says 3%. Don't keep going round in circles.

FBlack - 24g

Colour: nero/black

: Piombo/Lead 3% Sb

Packagin: 25 - 250

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I see what you're driving at.

I guess that an update is required, but I'll ask the question in the morning.

webber

Direct quote from the ITALIAN website

FBlack - 24g
Colour: nero/black
: Piombo/Lead 3% Sb
Packagin: 25 - 250

As promised, I've been in contact with Fiocchi UK today.

They have confirmed that the shot used in both Fiocchi F Blu and F Black are 5% Antimony, always have been, and as a competition cartridge, always will be.

There are no plans to make any adjustments.

The errors on the website have been noted, and will be corrected in due course.

webber

Thanks for that Webber, very quick. Back to the original question - why make both in 24gm?

Looking at last years June Clay Shooting article on the range, the black has totally different wad design and totally different powder, so the shot is just a part of the equation..

So can we now conclude that black have different / better wad and powder hence the 12 quid ?

So can we now conclude that black have different / better wad and powder hence the 12 quid ?
It would seem so. I was initially keen to pattern some blacks, but as they have more recoil than the already punchy (to me) Blus, I canned the idea.

Well that answers why they shoot sweeter i suppose. Must say that i have not found them punchy through my trap gun just goes to show the difference with gun/cartridge combination ?

Well that answers why they shoot sweeter i suppose. Must say that i have not found them punchy through my trap gun just goes to show the difference with gun/cartridge combination ?
And the shooters perception.. In the Clay Shooting mag, everybody said blacks were high recoil.

It would seem so. I was initially keen to pattern some blacks, but as they have more recoil than the already punchy (to me) Blus, I canned the idea.
Will,

Don't you have a full ISIS recoil reducer on your gun now, are you still able to notice much of a difference between cartridges?

The way to tell the difference between shells' recoil is to fire a different brand off immediately after having shot a stand through. It can be difficult to give accurate ratings to shells if you're trying to judge them against something you shot 7 days ago or worse still a brand you used to shoot a year or two back! The clothes you wear alone can make a difference as can mounting (pre-mounted and conscious aimed shots result in higher felt recoil).

For what it's worth I though FBlacks were only just punchier than Eley Superbs and FBlues were slightly softer than FBlacks. You don't know what recoil is until you've tried World Cups or better still Victory Sonics. :suicide:

Will,

Don't you have a full ISIS recoil reducer on your gun now, are you still able to notice much of a difference between cartridges?
These devices work in managing fatigue but they can't eradicate recoil so you can still detect differences in shells.

Will,

I do. However I find that broadly it reduces recoil, but comparisons are still clear, as you just get used to less. With FBlus they are also loud!

With the Isis, it relies upon compression of the device to take out the recoil. A punchier shell will compress the device more, which is noticeable to me, as a slight face slap. I have fitted firmer springs to get the right balance between recoil absorption and little movement of stock (device compression).

FBlu are def punchy. I shot some super comps (dire cartridge) AND FBlu back-back. Blus are super hard hitting but punchy. Blacks are a bit harder hitting IMHO.

lesson for me: never use express.

FBlu are def punchy. I shot some super comps (dire cartridge) AND FBlu back-back. Blus are super hard hitting but punchy. Blacks are a bit harder hitting IMHO.

lesson for me: never use express.
Express HV are very soft. Express Supreme are very smooth. The stuff in the mid range I don't know about, so bow to your experience.

Express HV are very soft. Express Supreme are very smooth. The stuff in the mid range I don't know about, so bow to your experience.
soft at both ends of this value chain which was disappointing. i'd happily keep the recoil properties...

Latest posts

Back