Fiocchi

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read the report, already mentioned by another forum member.

http://www.clay-shoo...hoots-a-winner/

Both wad and propelant are mentioned, neither are "cheap"

Try the F Blacks there is a greater selection of shot sizes, but be warned; they're not cheap either.

Now going back to build more shelves ready for another delivery early in the New Year.

webber
Hi

I read that report several times before deciding to try them. With the greatest respect, we all know what magazine reports on advertisers products are like. I particularly like the close up photo of the 40 yard pattern test. It's at 40 yards that the overly dense centre starts to separate out. The photo would need to be a lot larger to show all the outer pellets in their uneven shape.

The FBlacks were going to be my next test, because the shot size is more interesting. However, the Fblu already has too much recoil for my liking and everybody says the Blacks are higher.

Best wishes with the business. It is a decent product at a decent price and will sell well.

Fiiiiiight!

Ps when was the last bad magazine review for any product!? Gun, shell, choke etc etc....

Clever has done what is required- a test off his own back. Didn't like the results, no loss. They could well be fine through someone else's gun, and worse through another's.

Everyone shoot what you enjoy/can afford and crack on.

Merry jizzmas

I agree with Ed.

However, recoil is persieved and therefore subjective.

Patern; well you can photograph that.

One review has done.

The other has not, neither has he qualified his aspersions with regards to "cheap" components; it may be his opinion, but not a fact that has been established by CleverSC3; quite the oposite when you read the more detailed review.

Yes F Blus and F Blacks are both selling well.

webber

personally i like a dense pattern as i can see where im hitting them,  if i want a bigger one i could open the chokes up. i hate it when a clay breaks and i cant see where exactly i am on it like the big spreading carts and choke combinations some people use. Ive just shot the golden trap version which is a good even pattern (slightly dense) and very smooth, with a more push, than punch recoil. one of best ive shot for a long time and now i can get  hold of them again (15 years since i could get them locally) ill be shooting them, or if none in ill use the f/blacks.  each to there own and i like these.

i like the FBlu but agree that they pattern dense in the centre which isnt a problem for trap in my limited experience. I think 40UP also did some tests recently and made similar comments re dense or uneven patterns (?). Also tried the FBlacks and cant feel or see any significant difference between them. I will say i think fiocchi are an excellent cartridge for the £ and will do well in current market conditions.

One thing i would say is that a pattern plate is only a 2 dimensional representation of a shot string and that i guess it depends on your choke and shooting strategy as to what you like, prefer, need (tight/slow, open/quick etc)

for me, they go BANG, kill jolly hard and dont rape the pocket meaning i can shoot more... i am trying not to think too hard about it TBH. Official trap, golden trap etc are good enough for diamond, kostelecky et al so more than good enough for me.

PS. I should add i can miss them with anything and with FBLU have done between 79-89 in OT so its not them thats the issue for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started buying FBlus after reading the write up mentioned earlier in this thread as they were shot through the same gun as mine (Caesar Guerini). Prior to the Fiocchi I was shooting Eley Superbs.

I have shot the 2 cartridges extensively back to back to try to give myself a non-pattern board comparison. All I can say is that the FBlus consistently out performed the Superbs for quality and clarity of break. I have had friends shoot them blind and everyone who shoots them loves them.

As for recoil, I can't imagine anyone saying they are punchy. They are a really soft shooting cartridge with exactly the same feel as a Superb. My gun is pretty heavy though so this certainly has an impact on felt recoil.

Of course all of this is just my opinion and not scientific at all. Maybe a lot of it becomes psychological and whether or not they are better or worse isn't the point. They give me confidence and I absolutely know that any misses are not the cartridges or gun, but me.

It is certainly nice when you find a cartridge that you are happy and confident with. One less thing to worry about.

I would like to know the difference between f blu and f black apart from £12 per thousand. Been shooting 24g blu for the last 6 wks or so but got some black on sat have shot 250 so far and they seem sweeter and not as tight of a pattern therefore a bit more forgiving.I cant tell from the spec what is sposed to be different ???

Same shot size with both? Or were the blacks 8 shot? That would make quite a difference. I have tried three makes of cartridge with 7 shot and they all have a similar characteristic of very tight pattern, some with very dense centre. 8 shot (or UK 7.5 as it might be) will be more even usually..

Yes both are 7.5 or english 7 and spec seems the same however black does seem slightly smoother and slightly more forgiving than the blu.There must be a difference other than £12

You are correct in your earlier posts these cartridges do pattern very tight and I dont need a pattern plate to tell me that. They would benefit from having a english 7.5 and 8 option. I know the blacks are available as a italian 8.5 but how close that is to a uk 8 I am not sure.

Just checked and 24g are only available in italian 7.5 only the cheapo top one are available in a UK 7.5 or near enough at 2.3mm. I actually thought the top ones were a great shell even though they are the budget ones. maybe the 3% antimony is responsible for a wider pattern I dont know I am no expert on ballistix's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your prob right cant think of any other explanation unless webber can shed any light on the subject.

Ye but 24g have same velocity and same pressure as each other ?

nothing clever from me as regards testing but personally through my gun blues break clays and f blacks mince clays into balls of dust(same size and weight),as a result i have lots of confidance in f blacks but no dout at some point i wont get them and use something else that will do the same and ill think they are amazing aswell.  

Interesting that you have found same as me black definately seem better slightly

This concerned us about six months ago and there's a whole thread on the subject. If I had a range of cartridges called F-line and I called one F-blu and another F-black for £12 more then it is the way of the cartridge industry to put 3% shot in the standard and 5% in the "black". Simples. It raises eyebrows at this price level that those concerned with the import and distribution claim they are both 5% cartridges. So you go to Fiocchi.it and there is no such claim. But they are both 3%! So head scratching again. The last thread ended with an appeal to our Fiocchi ambassadeur Nicola to source the truth. But she may never have seen the thread. I don't believe anybody in this country knows but we could drop a weight on same size blu black and supurb shot and measure the flattened result.

"So you go to Fiocchi.it and there is no such claim. But they are both 3%! So head scratching again."

Have a look at the Fiocchi website, the write up clearly states 5%.

webber

Hi Mr t

was taking to JG yesterday who has dissected f blu and drop tested the shot, he confirms they are now 5% but a year or so ago last time he tested they were 3% still no closer to finding out were this £12 difference is.

Ian

Latest posts

Back