fiocchi

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting 1,000 Top 1 from him on Sunday at Kelbrook.
Daft question, i'm not having a go at Webber, but are Kellbrook ect happy about someone turning up selling cartridges in the carpark of there ground on shoot days? (or any other day) I know if someone turned up competing with me for business at my place of work.......I'd be pissed to say the least!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do Kelbrook sell fiocchi ? if they don't I doubt anyone's going to have a problem.

I'm sure we have all picked up cartridges etc for friends and swapped them over in a car park before today.

If grounds went around everyone that swapped a few cartridge, they would have many clients left no doubt.

Swapping......eh, is Webber not running a buisness selling cartridges, no, your right, he's "swapping" cartridges for money.......can't see why that would upset anyone!?!? I'm sure cafe would let an ice cream van trade from their car park "swapping" cones for money, then welcome them in to buy chips......"pudding sir?" "No, I had a cone out side from the van before I came in...."

Just saying........

Do Kelbrook sell fiocchi ? if they don't I doubt anyone's going to have a problem.

I'm sure we have all picked up cartridges etc for friends and swapped them over in a car park before today.

If grounds went around everyone that swapped a few cartridge, they would have many clients left no doubt.
This ^^^^^

Exactly. And we'll conveniently ignore the fact that we invariably all turn up to shoots with a stock of our own shells anyway, Or is that "doing the shooting ground out of a score"?

Like I said, I suspect we all need to get some perspective here.

Gents

Just for clarification.

This is delivery of a pre booked order.

Stop me and buy one it aint. Car boot sale it aint.

Some of the cartridges will be shot at Kelbrook, and others at other grounds.

Perish the thought that we ever get into being required to purchase the grounds selected cartridges.

Does it make any difference if I meet outside the Post Office and complete the transfer, or from car boot to car boot in the car park?

webber

I'll be waiting just down the road from Kelbrook, red rose in my button hole, code word is 'Tosser' please do not use the word Pleb and refuse to open the gate.

I'll be waiting just down the road from Kelbrook, red rose in my

button hole, code word is 'Tosser' please do not use the word Pleb

and refuse to open the gate.
love it .... ;-)

But I would agree that F-Blu are a little lighter on the shoulder than F-Black. I would have F-Blu over Top1 if you can afford it. If you have enough budget then go straight to Golden!!!!
For those of you that have shot them how do the FBlue/Fblacks compare to Eley Superbs? And are the Golden just a little faster/tighter than the 'F' range of cartridges?

For what it's worth I ask in relation to shooting Sporting clays.

Thanks.

For those of you that have shot them how do the FBlue/Fblacks compare to Eley Superbs? And are the Golden just a little faster/tighter than the 'F' range of cartridges?

For what it's worth I ask in relation to shooting Sporting clays.

Thanks.
I have shot Superbs for years now but on the lookout for a cheaper alternative; shot a slab of the FBlacks in English 8 and found them difficult to fault compared to the Eley, the kick is very very slightly more on the FBlacks but decided against them as the price was too close to the Superbs.

I have only shot a few FBlue but found them very good too and would happily change but for the fact that Fiocchi only do these in English 7 (2.4mm) shot which robs you of 100+ pellets compared to 8's.

I have shot Superbs for years now but on the lookout for a cheaper alternative; shot a slab of the FBlacks in English 8 and found them difficult to fault compared to the Eley, the kick is very very slightly more on the FBlacks but decided against them as the price was too close to the Superbs.

I have only shot a few FBlue but found them very good too and would happily change but for the fact that Fiocchi only do these in English 7 (2.4mm) shot which robs you of 100+ pellets compared to 8's.
Thanks Hamster. I thought I read a review somewhere where it said the Fblue was coming out between an an English 7 and an English 7.5........I could well be wrong with that though.

Have you tried the Golden?

I have been shooting f blacks for a few months now and compared to superbs there is no significant difference other than the price.

I pay £185 a thou for blacks where superbs are over £200 now.

Before I went onto blacks I had a word with graham Morris who used to be the md of Eley hawk and is now the importer and md of fiocchi uk so he should now all about superbs and in his words the f blacks are the equivalent

As I shoot 7 and 8 the blacks fit the bill as blues only come in 7s. Italian 7.5 is and English 7

So in blacks I get 7.5 & 8.5.

Buy a few and go and try em.

Happy shooting.

golden trap are a fantastic shell, fast, hit hard and nicely smooth :) However they do have the price tag to match but if you want quality you have to dig deep for it ;) comparable price with everyone else's top of the range ie black golds, sovereigns, VIPs etc

I far prefer the Golden to Black Golds and a whisker above the Sovs. Havent tried VIP or the Express top range offering. Only minor problem with the Goldens is they come in 7.5 only whereas the others are in a range of shot sizes from 6.5-9's but to be fair the name Golden Trap kind of gives what they are designed for away, why would you want a 9 for trap :.:

I shot about 100 F-blu's today at Doveridge can't fault then, as whiskymac knows I only used to shoot Eley Superbs, until I won 1000 Victory Challenger at Doveridge in the last winter series.

I've been looking for a cartridge to replace the Eley's Victory's for the past few weeks, I've shot Cheddites Universal Trap 7/5's, which are to slow for me, nothing at all wrong with them, just not my cup of tea.

I've also shot about 200 "Superfast" 27g 7/5's

Today I shot the Victory's - Superfast then the fblu's 7's repeatedly at a number of targets to see the differences in the breaks thru 1/4 and 1/2 chokes, with my own gun 686e and a brand new, may I add first in the country Blaser f3 Super-sport, Lottery numbers are on tonight !

They all gave good breaks with both guns, the only difference myself and my mate could see was the F-blu's gave better balls of smoke, maybe simply because there size 7's ?

Other then that there's some differences in the amount of recoil but nothing major.

Best value has to goto the Superfast at less then £147 per thousand, the F-blu' certain seems to be a very nice cartridge on paper with the 5% antimony, are they worth best part of another £25 per thousand ? I'm not completely sure about that, but I have a feeling I may well pick up a thousand and give them a good testing out, I don't like the idea of the superfast being stopped produced and having to find another cartridge I like.

Thankfully I can buy both the fiocchi and the superfast locally, if any of you chaps are considering the fiocchi, and are in the North West, show your support to Mr Webber who is very easy to find in St Helens

Back