FAULTY MULLER CHOKE

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more than willing to post the entire conversation Mark.

Do you want me to?

Kindest regards,

Nick

EDIT: I decided to, here it is for anyone who is interested:

Monday 3rd March:
Mark: I have a defective choke please call me when u can
Nick: Can you tell me the details? Your name, when you purchased it and what the choke is? I would also like to know if it has a revision marking on the outside of it please, thanks Nick.
Mark: Mark taylor 24/12 optima hp u2 rev o
Nick: Okay, thanks. Please return it to me at this address: Just Choking..... Please include a covering letter with all of your contact details and I will replace it for you ASAP. Nick.

Thursday 6th March:
Nick: Hi Mark, just letting you know that I am sending out your replacement choke to you tomorrow. Kindest regards, Nick.

Sunday 9th March:
Mark: Received thanks do not understand why you have sent me the same revision as presumably zero is the first and there must have been an update?
Nick: The issue with your choke was the coating not the geometry.

Monday 10th March:
Mark: But the choke was distorted are you saying this was caused by the defective coating?
Nick: I am saying that I am confident that you will have no further issues with the replacement choke that I have sent you.
Mark: Did not expect to have any issues with the original so that does not instill me with confidence. Still doesn't answer my question.
Nick: Allow me to expand; from the nature of the damage to your original choke, it looks as though the choke was used when it was not fully screwed in, causing the internal surface to become damaged. This is not a manufacturing defect, but as neither you or I can prove that was the case I am willing to extend goodwill and replace the choke at my expense, plus cover the cost of postage. The chokes need to be tightened properly into the barrels, not finger tight. I have inspected the replacement choke and maintain that there is no reason for you to be anything less than completely satisfied. Kindest regards, Nick.
Mark: Funny how when I persist in knowing the real answer it becomes my fault and it states on your site "only hand tightening is required" at no point did the choke become loose and it is my habit to check inbetween stands I am approx. 6'2" and 19 stone so how would you suggest I tighten it. Also in your interview? On shootclay it states they do not shoot loose! I hate contradiction in these circumstances and it only makes me less confident in the product along with sombodys unwillingness to actually speak! appreciate it might be at your expense but in no way is it my fauly. can I just have the truthg in how I should treat this choke in use?
Nick: Mark, I would recommend that you tighten each choke using a friction fit key. I have not blamed you in the slightest, just offered my opinion of what I suspect to be the primary cause of the issue. I still maintain that you will not experience any issues with the replacement. Nick.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problems with my Muller chokes in my CG.
I could not be happier with the chokes and the way they shoot.

Nick is one of the most upstanding honest men I have ever met.

I also agree that Nicky is an honest man who puts himself out to help people.

I also note that one person's feeling of tight is different to another's ....as shown in tightening of stock bolts. Too tight and you can crack a stock...and too loose and you can crack a stock through recoil. So it is really normal to use a choke key in relation to chokes which can of course work loose with shooting if only finger tight.

This sort of thing is part of a learning curve in shooting.

A lesson for everyone reading I think.

i had pmed you as suggested by jan to stop this becoming an extended back and forth,if you wish to do so..i am not going to say no as it would then appear i may have something to hide which is certainly not the case 

if you think it is now in the interest of anybody it is your choice.

rgds Mark

i had pmed you as suggested by jan to stop this becoming an extended back and forth,if you wish to do so..i am not going to say no as it would then appear i may have something to hide which is certainly not the case 

if you think it is now in the interest of anybody it is your choice.

rgds Mark
We started our online relationship publically, so why hide our collective lights under the bushel of PM's :D

I am more than happy for you to post your message to me on here for everyone to read :)

Nick

shame you can't see replies while you are writing and i did not want it to become "customer service slanging match" i simply wanted other peoples thoughts and experiences to allow me to make an informed decision.
fair play nick if you are going to revise the advice and i guess i failed to scroll down far enough on the text to see that.
in that vane what key would you suggest i purchase or do you sell them?
rgds Mark

not sure about the relationship bit :nyam:  

and i certainly am not old enough to know the numerical value of a bushel...thought they were fo hiding lights under?

My personal preference are the stainless steel tapered friction fit keys. Several aftermarket manufacturers, including Teague, produce them.

Kindest regards,

Nick

My 2nd hand CG didn't come with a key, and the factory extended chokes are coming loose after nearly every stand at the moment usimg just my fingers you see.

Think I will try a teague one...

Thanks.

For your information nicks reply was probably sh..t behind the trigger!

Not a laughing matter thought least he would have offered was refund on my flight & hotel not pleased!

what happened to the rest of the thread and replies??

so now there back and the other bit has gone...is the site having a fit or is it me??

Could I possibly ask how long you have been shooting Schmokinn?

Just out of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back