Essex Masters

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in the UK everything needs to be done and dusted in an hour or so, so that those without enough brownie points from the wife can get home for Sunday dinner in time!

So it's not just me then!!??

:D :D :D :D :D

May be thats where i've been going wrong.

New plan shoot 50,sunday roast,shoot 50. No rush for dinner then.

So thats how we get to AAA.

What are brownie points never had to score them before do they count towards your average or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put it this way I know shooters who have got divorced over shooting and others who have had serious relationship issues because of it. Many try to fit too many shoots in around their social lives and it doesn't work at all.

@tiptopgun - You laugh mate but it is a fact that if you have to rush around to get home for tea and have this in the back of your mind you are not going to shoot at your best.

You need to be able to turn up and not have a single care in the world in your mind except breaking those clays.

The ideal scenario would be a single person who does not have to worry about there spouse, work, children or where their next entry fee is going to come from. Plus a massive desire to win. The latter being 75% of the factor which makes you a winner.

Glen.

Glen,

I wouldn't make light of anything like that. I'm not that serious a shooter, if it was a toss up between shooting and the family, the family would always come first.

The ideal scenario would be a single person who does not have to worry about there spouse, work, children or where their next entry fee is going to come from. Plus a massive desire to win. The latter being 75% of the factor which makes you a winner.

Glen.
Or have a spouse that shoots, decent dual income and no kids :D . We accepted long ago that we have an expensive hobby, but we work hard all week and enjoy the hell out of our weekends ;)

work 12 hr days but only allowed to drive 10 of them, whats a guy to to with a 2 hour break :p

Back