Essex masters

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no other scores at the moment.... not being posted online, I have to rely on onsite spies with cameras. 

Just finished the black course. I was following Eds squad. He dropped 4 ex 8 on a pair of teal. I did the same, very deceptive to me as they really flattened out. I missed first four, then hit last four when I had come down enough..

I had about four bad stands, usually not where the targets looked too hard either! Ended on a poor 79. A good mixture of targets. not a soft shoot all in all. Very tricky singles stand.. Red course tomorrow first thing.

Just finished the black course. I was following Eds squad. He dropped 4 ex 8 on a pair of teal. I did the same, very deceptive to me as they really flattened out. I missed first four, then hit last four when I had come down enough..

I had about four bad stands, usually not where the targets looked too hard either! Ended on a poor 79. A good mixture of targets. not a soft shoot all in all. Very tricky singles stand.. Red course tomorrow first thing.
I missed a few of the black/right hand teal on that stand too straight over the top! The red course, in my opinion, is the easier of the two courses so good luck for tomorrow.

Are they keeping them all to themselves and not letting the cat out of the bag as it were? 
No idea.... they usually post them on the essex guns site, but only after a couple of days.... so will keep checking. 

I found the lady responsible for scores. She says they will be posted tonight on the Essex gun site. However, she also said that last nights were on there (she thought), so all a bit odd. Big old white board being filled in at the shoot. I love the 1980's. :)

GD was still leading on 189 when I left today.

You should have been around in the sixties, ask your Dad, we made do with a Slate and Chalk.

I found the lady responsible for scores. She says they will be posted tonight on the Essex gun site. However, she also said that last nights were on there (she thought), so all a bit odd. Big old white board being filled in at the shoot. I love the 1980's. :)

GD was still leading on 189 when I left today.
Mmmmm interesting.  A 'lady' in Essex?  Are you sure?  :girlcrazy:

(Going into hiding now)...

If anyone knows of anyone dropping out this Sunday can you PM me please as I'd like to shoot this event, thanks :)

If anyone knows of anyone dropping out this Sunday can you PM me please as I'd like to shoot this event, thanks :)
Ring John direct..he will know if anyone drops out....

His numbers are advertised in the shoot adverts

If I do get a chance of shooting this event on Sunday I guess it'll be just like shooting 2 lots of ESP 100 bird layout ?

I think so with a break in between I believe. Someone will correct me if wrong.

I shot the Essex for the first time today. Great shoot - good targets - not a super hard shoot but some good stands and some deceptively tough (I mucked up teal pair too) as well as a great stand of 4 singles on each course.

Thing that stood out to be was the organisation - very impressive. Only one breakdown, fixed in a jiffy. Good quality referees. I also really rate the fact that everyone starts on stand 1 of each course (CPSA take note) so everyone gets the same highs and lows in the sane order! It all ran very smoothly indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I shot the Essex for the first time today. Great shoot - good targets - not a super hard shoot but some good stands and some deceptively tough (I mucked up teal pair too) as well as a great stand of 4 singles on each course.

Thing that stood out to be was the organisation - very impressive. Only one breakdown, fixed in a jiffy. Good quality referees. I also really rate the fact that everyone starts on stand 1 of each course (CPSA take note) so everyone gets the same highs and lows in the sane order! It all ran very smoothly indeed.

The only way is THE ESSEX .............. :hi:   :hi:   :spiteful:

Shot essex today great shoot and for me straiting stand 13 black course was something very special for me Muller U2 & velocity 7.5 both barrels but only used first shot each time could have gone home then a very happy man

Latest posts

Back