Essex masters

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You lot won't be satisfied until live, shot by shot scores are shown on your phones. I fail to understand the urgency frankly.

You lot won't be satisfied until live, shot by shot scores are shown on your phones. I fail to understand the urgency frankly.
Yup and there's no reason why they can't be. Want to attract youngsters in to the sport? They want immediacy and access to data. Being part of a social group is what it's all about these days so waiting to see how you did against the competition or against everyone else in the country on a particular day is not on. We should be tweeting and instagramming and displaying live data if we want to keep the sport growing and support for shooting alive.

Will,

No smiley, deadly serious, no punch line.

So you are saying that if you were in A class and a 200 was posted before you shot it, it would affect your score?

You are not going to score 201, so knowing that score it is pressure from before you start.

Not wishing to prolong this thread, there are those of us who require up to date information and those of us who actually don't think that it is necessary.

But if it is necessary to attract youngsters and new shooters , the sooner we do it the better.

Have to agree with Pete on one thing knowing the score you have to get CAN for some be detrimental.

Plagiarism of a saying used by 40up

you shoot the best you can then at the end someone tells you if you have won.

I love that :)

Well - I don't think I need shot by shot coverage (although you can get that for ISSF events).

However - there's a couple reasons why a regularly updated leaderboard might be good...

1. for multiple day events where people might come back, or want to see how their score stands

2. to increase the anticipation/excitement about an event... if no-one wants it, can you all explain why I got 1.2 MILLION hits during the Dubai event?

3. to try and raise the standards of the sport... professional presentation is what I want, this is one step on that route

Matt

To be clear, I'm not bothered about seeing scores BEFOREHAND. But seeing them as soon after as possible is important. And certainly seeing how far up the list I am and who I beat is of great interest.

Will,

No smiley, deadly serious, no punch line.

So you are saying that if you were in A class and a 200 was posted before you shot it, it would affect your score?

You are not going to score 201, so knowing that score it is pressure from before you start.

Not wishing to prolong this thread, there are those of us who require up to date information and those of us who actually don't think that it is necessary.

But if it is necessary to attract youngsters and new shooters , the sooner we do it the better.
The scoreboard is there to be viewed by anyone who wishes at the event before or after they have shot so you pay your money you take your choice as they say :)

I would love to see it live after i have shot but don't want to know scores before i shoot ideally. Sometimes you cannot avoid it obviously though. 

Score board during a shoot can work both ways. I was shooting a ot major once and shot a 21 and 19 it was a hard shoot and at that point pretty much gave up and started changing things my score did not increase much but at the end when i looked at the scores i was actually doing ok so my point is on that occasion had i looked at score mid way i would have realised all was not lost and just carried on doing what i was doing. Also had it the other way were i peeped at scores mid comp and then was under pressure to perform so you cant really win sometimes. Usually prefer not too look though.

Hamster, it could be that this Ed you speak of is a very good shot   :superman:

Latest posts

Back