Inaccurate score counts

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martinj

I was wondering if anyone notices inaccurate score counts i.e. the scores published on the CPSA site are different to those on on our score cards?
I have noticed a number of errors (five or six) in the past couple of years, there may have been more but I have only been taking photos of my cards fairly recently.
The first time I noticed it I was owed about 10 points, I sent a polite text and received an apologetic text back and the score was changed. Usually it's just one or two points and I haven't bothered complaining, it has never made a difference to my winnings (or lack thereof :))

It happens now and again. Just human error in adding them up or putting on the computer. 10 seems to be quite regular I guess it's taking your losses off 100 so 18 away turns into 72 rather than 82.

Would imagine it’s human error entering data into score programme, easily done on a big day, and if required a query raised at ground or later with CPSA any error easily corrected too.

It has happened to us quite a few times too so I now take my phone with me on silent and always take a photo of the score cards. At one particular shoot I scored about a 66 and on CPSA a website it showed I scored 48. I contacted the ground owner and sent him a copy of my score card and asked him to contact CPSA to get it rectified which he said he would but it never got amended.
At a recent registered shoot at Bisley 4 of us shot in a squad, I handed the cards in together and only 2 of the scores showed up on the CPSA website, I’d shot quite a good score and it wasn’t showing up so contacted Bisley with a photo of the 2 score cards that were not showing and got a very apologetic email back and it was amended instantly.

Only one error for me (out of 25 or so) & only 2 down on the card I photographed. I put that down to a typo.

I am much happier when the ref adds up as he goes along - less likely to make mistakes - though it is not an easy job which in my opinion they do well.

To the point of a ref adding up scores to 102 in a 100 bird match :) He was quick to correct that off course.

Happened a time or two to me ,only a bird or three out and I`ve not had any evidence (or will) to question it tbh although it does annoy!!!
As others have alluded,refs do difficult job and we are all only human.
Poor buttoning has lost me a lot more birds......

It has happened to us quite a few times too so I now take my phone with me on silent and always take a photo of the score cards. At one particular shoot I scored about a 66 and on CPSA a website it showed I scored 48. I contacted the ground owner and sent him a copy of my score card and asked him to contact CPSA to get it rectified which he said he would but it never got amended.
E-mail CPSA directly with the photo of your scorecard and they will sort it out. I've had to do that a couple of times.

I’ve seen 100 target courses set that had less than 100..
Ditto. Only 96 targets, yet entered as having been shot out of 100. Again, took an e-mail to the CPSA with a photo of the card to get them to sort it. That entire shoot was a shambles, they changed the number of pairs per stand after a few of us had already shot it - dropping one of the harder stands from 5 pairs to 3 and adding on to a few of the softer ones. I tend not to do their infrequent Reg Sporting these days.

Latest posts

Back