Essex Masters 2016

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason they never produce a full list of the results that I can remember. Considering it is such a big shoot. 

I did notice that they were inputting the scores on a laptop with the cpsa score program. So would of thought it would be easy.

Shot this yesterday...

Felt the targets were a little less newbie friendly....

A lot of very close fast edge on targets on the black course which needed very accurate hold points and technique.

The red was a little more friendly!

I was shooting very well on Red only a couple light for me.

Again was storming round the black course until stand 7 & 8, wind had really affected these two stands yesterday.

Orange & white sim left - right crossers. They were hitting the ground 30 yards short meaning a second shot was impossible for some of the older guys. Thankfully I only lost two there! Saw a very capable AA shot blank the stand!!!

Then the Battue teal / crow on stand 8 was landing 100 yards plus further away than it had been! I hit one but even the ref apologised as the target was as good as out of range when our squad shot!

And then my wheels fell off!

Quite a good shoot again though,

And I'll be back next year!

C Class won on 167... 83.5%, 15% over the cpsa class cutoff and that is right in the middle of the A class avergaes... makes you think

C Class won on 167... 83.5%, 15% over the cpsa class cutoff and that is right in the middle of the A class avergaes... makes you think
There were 2000 entries and classes in such shoots are always won by rapidly improving shooters with big scores. Even the winner shot to his own untouchable average which on such a layout is incredible. 

I forgot to mention the Police!

I had two police officers stood directly infront of me about 150 yards away while shooting the Rabbit stand and the driven on Red Course.

I mentioned to the ref that they were there and that I'd stop but was told I had to carry on! 

Very off putting seeing two police officers in the corner of your eye ?

The were there for about 45 minutes while we shot 3 stands at least!

Last edited by a moderator:
There were 2000 entries and classes in such shoots are always won by rapidly improving shooters with big scores. Even the winner shot to his own untouchable average which on such a layout is incredible. 
not strictly true, yes I agree there were some good up and coming shots, one of them has not shot a single registered shoot for at least 2 years

I forgot to mention the Police!

I had two police officers stood directly infront of me about 150 yards away while shooting the Rabbit stand and the driven on Red Course.

I mentioned to the ref that they were there and that I'd stop but was told I had to carry on! 

Very off putting seeing two police officers in the corner of your eye ?

The were there for about 45 minutes while we shot 3 stands at least!
Apparently they had just come from downing street after collecting Cameron's tax returns and were looking for John dyson for some reason.

oh I have to give credit to the Refs red stand 1 i chipped an ants cock off my last white clay i see it asked the ref and fair play she called it! 

red stand 3 centring them then all of a sudden 3rd pair i give it a little touch too much chip an and bollock off to an inhaling sucking in through teeth noise from 2 squads 4th pair identical shot taking a tiny bit off again to gasps this time!!

fair play to both refs for spotting them each time 

little point stand 4 red day 1 would have been an orange clay against a brown bank unfortunately 6 days later it was an orange clay on an orange back drop as the build up of clays was huge the clays really should have been pushed down into the water each night to make it even for everyone all in all only a small matter 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back