Essex Masters 2016

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shot yesterday and I suppose the simplest thing would have been to photograph the scoreboard and post it ............but I didn't ......but that doesn't stop anyone from here doing it , if your going 

But for the size of the shoot don't think it would've been a big ask , as so many want to see all scores not just the top few !!

I shot yesterday and I suppose the simplest thing would have been to photograph the scoreboard and post it ............but I didn't ......but that doesn't stop anyone from here doing it , if your going 

But for the size of the shoot don't think it would've been a big ask , as so many want to see all scores not just the top few !!
Didn't see your score,  but I saw Louie shot well :)

Didn't see your score,  but I saw Louie shot well :)
Andre keeps drops head below parapet !! Fairly happy with red course although dropped 5 stupidly on a fairly  straightable stand (12) ended on73 

Black course regressed to 5 years ago totally totally shot sh*te , still don't know why but have a very good idea !! 

Black course regressed to 5 years ago totally totally shot sh*te , still don't know why but have a very good idea !! 
Me too! It was the fast crossers that really bu**ered me on black. Still a lot to reflect on and decide on how to improve.

We all shot this in the less than ideal conditions today.

didnt seem as well received as previous years, feeling was too many short window low to ground stuff, maybe in an attempt to get people through faster?

tough day to be out in it, we pretty much all have up half way round the red this afternoon.

didnt seem as well received as previous years, feeling was too many short window low to ground stuff, maybe in an attempt to get people through faster?

tough day to be out in it, we pretty much all have up half way round the red this afternoon.
I assume that means the rain came in as predicted? We shot Red yesterday and was lucky with the weather being first squad out at 9 on the Black course.

Was walking back to the car with Sibaldib,  moaning about how I need some coaching but wasn't aware of anyone decent, nearby....then realised you had just walked passed us! 

Was going to say hello, but you seemed busy by the Krieghoff stand... :)

Defo need to book in at some point. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Red course was poor for me, stands 3, 4, 5 and 8 shot all 4's and 5's. Not good enough really, shot the black a little better but still with a similar result, ended up on 152 in UC which I would have took before I started. I see a target for myself of 75% and just edged past that.  All in all tough shoot with no let up all the way round, but thoughly enjoyed it.

Although  a longer walk in previous years, I prefer the old layout( black course) , it was more interesting  from a topography  stand point and was a more enjoyable shoot , over the trees across the water, big teal well out in the field ect .always feel it's not just the targets but the environment you shoot in make it for me . Still looked forward to the shoot and still enjoyed it !

Shot it today. Weather wasn't to bad so can't blame that. Started well on black then went down hill quickly. Finished on 59. 

Red was better for me but started badly dropping 11 on the first 3 stands but finished stronger to end on 68. 

127 total so not a complete disaster looking at the other c class scores and bang on my cpsa average.  Really enjoyed the shoot though was a great day out. 

Shot the whole lot in one day yesterday, bit blustery and looks like Tuesday was the day to put in a big score...

Pretty happy with my shooting right now, with 76 on Black and 74 on Red, will probably be just outside the money in both B and Ladies (although I opted for Ladies this time due to sheer volume of entries in B ) Set myself a target of 150 so I achieved that.

Really enjoyed the shoot, 200 a bit much in one day for me and I do like a good night out in Essex so will revert to my usual 2 day trip next year. Thought Black had a lot more variety and Red was a bit closer in but you won't hear any complaints from me about targets except for the SIM pair of going away on Black which I only hit one of...funny how you don't like the targets you can't hit!! Ha ha... Some of the trees around the course however will probably never recover....!!

Very cold and windy and showery which I think detracted a bit from the enjoyment, usually it has warmed up a bit by now....blinking weather...

JD and his team do a great job every year...well done to them all 

We shot it over 2 days like last year so we can have a few days away with the boys.

Liked both courses. Quite a few were wind effected wich made it a bit harder.

But throughly enjoyed the shoot. 

3 stands on each course cost me too much.

Finished on a 138 which was better than last year so I'm happy

OK I'm sold, I'll definitely enter next years event. 3rd season in the game now and only now appreciate just what a good shoot this is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I messaged the number supplied (John dyson?) for entry this evening to see if there were any spaces tomorrow and received a reply saying yes be there for 10:30. Is it worth the shoot the 3 hour drive first thing in the morning? I've not shot a major before so might be a baptism of fire.

If you've not shot a major before i would say this is a good one to start with.shot it today,2hr 30mins from me,just into my fourth year of reg clays so only my second major,did both courses,nothing too scary all there to be shot?

Latest posts

Back