Essex Masters 2016

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I messaged the number supplied (John dyson?) for entry this evening to see if there were any spaces tomorrow and received a reply saying yes be there for 10:30. Is it worth the shoot the 3 hour drive first thing in the morning? I've not shot a major before so might be a baptism of fire.
Yes go for it.

Get all ya kit ready now, bed soon, up early and head off. Relax and enjoy the shoot, full report tomorrow evening please :clover:

Shot this today, two good courses, some nice weather and well organised. We had a good squad and a lot of fun.

73 on the black course, 76 on the red course... Currently 8th in C, but I suspect that will be beaten this weekend.

Right kit sorted, place booked. I'm off to bed, full report when I get back tomorrow.
You have a good day Tom, be lucky and safe with the drive as that 3 hours from our part of the country might be a bit tight, 

Well nearly ready to set off seems it will rain on and off all day but really looking forward to it and seeing a few familiar faces out there.  Best of luck to today's shooters.

Undecided whether to get on the sauce tonight or go shoot this tomorrow? 
One must get ones priorities right in life. Its a no brainer if your into shooting and fairly local. Its also probably cheaper than going out on the pish.

Well I'm home after an incredibly long day.

i left the house at 6:45 and arrived at Hepworth hall at 9:35 so a clear run all the way, I was put into a squad of uc shooters and there were the friendliest bunch of guys I have ever had the pleasure of shooting with it was hilarious all the way round.

i started of with a few nerves and missed a few silly ones to straight a few stands but in all I was fairly happy with how I shot. The only stand I felt I shot badly were the o/r rabbits on the red, I came away from that stand with 3. On the flip side I was happy to straight the overhead going away on the red.

74 on the black and 78 on the red

i left the shoot as soon as we finished at 4:40 and was home by 7:30.

as my first experience of a major I really enjoyed myself and now I'm looking forward to going to bed ?

We had a fair old day time wise as well, left the house at 5.30 am, drove over 4 hours, shot both rounds with only a half hour break in-between, finished at 5.30 then drove home, walked back in the house at 10.30 pm. Absolutely shattered, but pleased as punch.

We had a fair old day time wise as well, left the house at 5.30 am, drove over 4 hours, shot both rounds with only a half hour break in-between, finished at 5.30 then drove home, walked back in the house at 10.30 pm. Absolutely shattered, but pleased as punch.Sorry,somehow posted my previous by by accident!!

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a fair old day time wise as well, left the house at 5.30 am, drove over 4 hours, shot both rounds with only a half hour break in-between, finished at 5.30 then drove home, walked back in the house at 10.30 pm. Absolutely shattered, but pleased aspunc
FFS,and now ive edited the wrong post!!!hopefully ill shoot better than i post :bye:

Had a pleasing day.

Good to meet Ollie W from the forum who took up a spare place I had.

Shot 84 on the black

And 87 on the red course.

171 just off the top in A but very happy.

shot the black yesterday in terrible conditions and the red this morning 74/83 respectively today is like a mill pond there so today is the day for some one to put in a big score.

great shoot, good clever targets 

few clays light of coming somewhere in B bitter sweet terrible conditions yesterday shot ok and shot my arse off today defiantly an improvement over the years is there going to be a full score list?

Back