English open DTL

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks Andy, yes very pleased with gun I haven't even fiddled .. Much.

started shaky 25-71 then a 25-75 that's when it went a bit wrong with two targets gone for no idea why so a 23-66 finished with a 25-74

grand total 98-287 but stayed in top third ish so considering new gun and twelve months since I shot a reg dtl not too disappointing.

rain now and forecast for remainder of weekend, had me bbq had me shower glenlivet on its way.

cheers ?

cheers les

score ain't winning anything but its not a suicide watch job.

thoroughly enjoyed it, shoot one miss one no reffing 2 hrs 20 mins job done back to caravan train / play with dog have a look in shop have a mooch about very enjoyable shoot. Genny just packed in bloke next caravan let me plug into his , bottle of wine to thank him, all good stuff ?

Well shot Ian - I finished on 96/285 !! 
well norman that aint suicide watch either mate. ?

will catch up tomorrow and sort the classic squad ? I am behind A layout ?

I'm up the other end in the morning - 09:30 start, I'm your side Sunday starting at 12:00, we were all squadded by the CPSA this time for both selection shoots - seems fair so far. I'll endeavour to catch up with you - Marvin & Jackie have their tin box over near you somewhere 

there next to me, I am plugged into his genny....again, plugged in last year at Bev abt shoot when mine packed in the first time ?

They're a great couple we're both in the Lincolnshire DTL & ABT teams - ask Marv why they call him Chippy  ;)

will do, when he's finished drinking me vino rosso ?

well consistent if nothing else 98-286, dropped first target and tenth ish target then went 75 straight all be with numerous second barells. Played with a couple things incl altering the front rib uppy downy thing so gun shoots more uppy also stopped with the mount then compose which never has been successful for me now adopted my natural horizontal mount and just shoot the thing technique. Enjoyed the day and was pleasantly surprised to meet David off the forum who was in the shop for summat or other, as a gun dog bloke I introduced him to eze and chucked a couple of dummies around he was polite enough not to critique ?

Hope you all had a good time at the open, not everyone can win. As long as you are enjoying it !

Last edited by a moderator:
Weather could have been better mate - hope you have a good day tomorrow, I'll come & see you when I've finished shooting  ;)

Sorry I didn't catch up with you - you'd gone by the time I'd done, are you shooting the EO ball trap at Beverly at the end of July ? 

no problem mate I looked for you in the morning but you were elusive ?

I shot terrible on Sunday and finished by 11-30 decided to travel back on Sunday to avoid traffic on A1 roadwork's

you shot very well mate

no I won't be doing any more abt this year.

Nerves got the better of me on my first layout Sunday & I dropped 11 points !! Which obviously cost me a place in the Enhland team. Got my act together for the rest & shot 3 x 25/74's ! Great experience though & I got a Bywell 100 straight badge to add to my collection from Saturday   :frantics:  

Did you book on for the Classic Ian ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
no not yet Norman I need to double check when we are looking after our friend German shepherd next (they begger off to there villa in Portugal every few months and we have the dog) pretty sure the dates don't clash ?

ps

my mind was not on it on Sunday no idea why AND I did what I swore I wouldn't do, I played with the rib adjuster uppy downy thing mid line.... oops this is not a good idea and I strongly advise against such things and its why I don't generally like adjustable guns.

do as I say not what I do springs to mind ?

Locktite everything that can be adjusted & leave it alone  :hyper: but you already know that   :dontknow:

norman

there are many things I know I should not do, but I still do em ?

Back